The provincial government announced yet another summer reopening in the province. Starting on June 1, 2020, all Quebec campsites, marinas, and accommodations at SÉPAQ national parks will be able to reopen to the public. In addition, vacation rentals can resume on the same date outside the Montreal metropolitan community (CMM) and Joliette.
"Quebecers are anxious to be able to plan, to finally be able to go play outside, and plan vacations. Today I have good news for them," said Minister of Tourism, Caroline Proulx.
"I know there are a lot of seasonal campers who were very impatient to go to their sites. I am very happy that we have had the approval of public health today. It is the same thing for day workers, as well."
Minister Proulx noted that chalets and rental condos can only have one family at a time in the residence.
The government notes that while camping sites are open, that the public must still respect the established public health rules.
"Despite this recovery, for the moment, it is still recommended to limit travel from one region to another. You must always encourage direct travel to your destination in order to limit contact," said Proulx.
Minister of Forests, Wildlife and Parks, Pierre Dufour, said that what he "[likes] about this announcement today is that it is a continuation of the announcements made previously, including the opening of the fishing and hunting season, the announcement of individual sports activities, such as fishing, hiking and daily access to Sépaq parks."
He "stressed that the reopening will be gradual and factor in all public health and safety recommendations."
Aujourd’hui, on annonce la réouverture d’une partie de notre secteur touristique à partir du mois de juin, notammen… https://t.co/pvSTrDBHYA— François Legault (@François Legault)1590607351.0
He also clarified that "there is still work that must be done from now on to secure certain trails, parks, and also rebuild the interior of some chalets."
"So, you have to understand one thing, that it is possible that at the level, for example, of the Sépaq, that there are places that will be accessible only on June 7, then on June 10."
Minister Proulx underlined the fact that while non-essential travel between regions is "not recommended," there is no official ban, so Montrealers could technically still go camping outside of the metro area.
She recommended that these Montreal campers do all the errands they need to do before they leave the city so that they can go "from point a to point b, settle in their campsites" and return directly to their homes without stopping along the way.
Aujourd’hui, on rend public le plan de déconfinement graduel de tous les secteurs. Ce plan est conditionnel à l’évo… https://t.co/brFASX3BGr— François Legault (@François Legault)1590426665.0
The highly-anticipated camping announcement follows a week of big reopening plans.
On Monday, the government finally unveiled its deconfinement plan.
A new chart shows that the province is entering "Phase 6," which includes outdoor pools, "restaurants phase 1," Montreal malls, and outdoor team sports.
Though officials have not yet released the dates for these activities and facilities to resume.
Bonne nouvelle! Retour des #séjours sécuritaires dans une #nature apaisante à compter du 1er juin : https://t.co/7DbCiZMF1m— Sépaq (@Sépaq)1590608838.0
Stay tuned for more news.