Quebec Man Is First Person In Canada To Crash Car And Injure People While Playing Pokémon GO
Well, it was only a matter of time until this happened.
Two upstanding members of society were hanging out earlier this week doing what people normally do on a Tuesday. Hunting down virtual Japanese Monsters of course.
It must've been quite the adventure because their Pokémon Assault Vehicle aka "the car" ended up running into another car while they were chasing down a Pokémon in a parking lot.
Luckily there was no need to call the cops because the car they ran into turned out to be a cop car.
Unfortunately both officers had to be sent to the hospital which caused the SAAQ to have to tweet out the most needlessly obvious statement of all time:
Il n'y a pas un Pokémon qui mérite de mettre sa vie et celles des autres en dangers. https://t.co/oWdH7X8HSI
— SAAQ (@SAAQ) July 13, 2016
It's amazing that we live in a world where we have to remind people that their own lives are more important than Pokémon's lives.
- 12 Hidden Montreal Spots You Can Bring A Date To Catch Rare Pokémon
- 7 Montreal STM Bus Lines Where You Can Catch The Most Rare Pokémon
- Pokémon GO Is Uniting Montrealers Like Nothing Else Ever Has. Yes, EVER!
- Hi! I’m 26, From Montreal, Canada And I’m Already Addicted To Pokémon GO
- I Patiently Waited To Download The Official Pokémon GO App In Canada And Now I Regret It
We should be ashamed of ourselves, we actually forced the the spokesperson of the SAAQ to say this statement out loud: "Real life isn't virtual reality."
Shame ... Shame ... Shame ...