Fans of dogs, anime, manga, Japanese food and all things kawaii rejoice! Montreal's Japan Week will be back for a third edition from May 8 to 14. This year again, you can expect tons of food, shopping opportunities, art and activities during the week-long celebration of local Japanese culture and businesses organized by the team behind the street food festival YATAI MTL and RAMEN RAMEN.
"Japan Week highlights the best your city has to offer in connection with Japan in order to celebrate and discover the richness of this fascinating country," organizers wrote in a press release.
Restaurateurs, vendors, and artists hoping to participate can sign up through an online form until March 15, though this does not guarantee your participation in the festival.
On top of all that, the popular Shiba and Akita dog gathering will also be back on May 13, and anyone can go for free and enjoy some cuteness overload.
According to the Facebook event, there were nearly 150 Shiba and Akita at the gathering last year.
Get the essential details on the festival and the dog event below.
Montreal Japan Week 2023
- Japan Week 2023: From May 8 to 14, 2023
- Shiba and Akita gathering: May 13 at 2 p.m. (postponed to May 14 in case of rain)
- A Massive Japanese Food & Culture Festival Will Return To Montreal In August ›
- Montreal's Japanese Culture Festival Is Bringing A Huge Street Food Market To The Mile End ›
- The Montreal Jazz Festival Has Unveiled Its 2023 Lineup Including Its Free Shows - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal's 'Japan Week' Culture & Food Festival Is Coming Back For 6 Days In Early May - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Is Hosting A Huge Japanese Culture & Street Food Festival With 30+ Vendors This June - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal MURAL Fest 2023 Includes A Giant Artwork ON Mount Royal - MTL Blog ›