The incident occurred near the intersection of boulevards Maurice-Duplessis and Marc-Aurèle-Fortin in Rivière-des-Prairies at around 2:30 a.m. Friday. It was a 380 bus travelling west.
STM spokesperson Philippe Déry said the driver was alone on the bus at the time of the crash and uninjured but taken to the hospital nonetheless as a precautionary measure. The parked truck was empty.
"We are taking this incident very seriously and our experts are conducting a technical investigation," Déry added. Investigators are set to meet with the driver to try to figure out what happened.
"Such incidents are very rare and our drivers are made aware of the importance of remaining vigilant at all times while driving and of being aware of their fatigue signals," the spokesperson concluded.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Construction For Montreal's Blue Line Extension Will Cause Traffic ... ›
- Québec Solidaire Is Calling For A New Montreal Metro 'Purple Line ... ›
- There's A Proposal For A New REM Line In Montreal & It Looks A Lot ... ›
- An STM Bus Crashed Into A Building After It Apparently Got Hit By A Car (PHOTOS) - MTL Blog ›
- A New Bus Service Connecting Montreal & Boston Is Launching In 2023 With Tickets Under $100 - MTL Blog ›
- A Laval Woman Is ‘In Shock’ After Her Car Was Stolen & Used In A Bonkers Ontario Mall Robbery - MTL Blog ›