Enjoy the nice weather while you still can, Montreal 'cause winter is just around the corner. The Old Farmer's Almanac has shared another long-range Canadian winter forecast and this time we have a month-by-month version with predictions for each province.
Overall, it looks like Canada is in for a cold and snowy winter — no surprise there, right? Most Canadians can expect a typical chilled season with “sneaky cold" periods, "icebox conditions" and "several major snowstorms."
"Winter will arrive early, with cold temperatures dropping down from the Yukon and northern Alberta to settle in across the Prairies and into southern Ontario and southwest Quebec," the Old Farmer's Almanac predicts.
In la belle province specifically, November should be mild at the beginning with some rain and several snowy showers. In the last week of the month, the first snowstorm should arrive, and temperatures are expected to drop dramatically.
Another snowstorm is forecasted for Quebec during the first week of December where "frigid" conditions are being anticipated. After some lovely days of sunshine and mild temperatures, a third snowstorm will hit the province, followed by, you guessed it, more rain and snow.
Around Christmas and New Year's, Quebec is expected to get glacial temperatures and flurries. For the month of January, Quebecers can expect a roller coaster of weather as conditions will alternate between mild temperatures and snowy, icy-cold days.
Throughout February, the Old Farmer's Almanac is calling for snowy showers and flurries every week with a bout of rain and mild temps for the remainder of the month.
So, are you ready for winter?
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- Quebec's Fall Forecast Includes 'Surprising' & 'Rarely Seen' Weather ... ›
- Quebec's Winter Forecast Is Out & It Could Get 'Unreasonably Cold ... ›
- The Montreal Weather Forecast Shows A 20° Temperature Swing This Week — Get Ready For Heat - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Weather Is Gonna Get Freakishly Warm Today & It Could Break A Record - MTL Blog ›
- A Huge Winter Jacket Warehouse Sale Is Happening In Laval This Week & Coats Are $100 Or Less - MTL Blog ›
- A Huge Winter Jacket Warehouse Sale Is On In Laval This Weekend & Coats Are $100 Or Less - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Weather Forecast Shows Snow On The Way Tomorrow — Here's What To Expect - MTL Blog ›
- 11 Stunning Shots Of Montreal’s First Snow Of The Season (PHOTOS) - MTL Blog ›
- The Coldest Places In The World Are Mostly In Canada & Even Antarctica Is Warmer - MTL Blog ›
- Environment Canada Has Issued A Snowfall Warning As Montreal Braces For A 20 cm Dump - MTL Blog ›
- A New Canada Weather Forecast Reveals Which Cities Have The Best Chance Of A White Christmas - MTL Blog ›
- Environment Canada Issued A Weather Warning For Montreal — It Could Get VERY Wet & Cold - MTL Blog ›
- Environment Canada Has Issued A Winter Storm Warning For Several Regions Across Quebec - MTL Blog ›
- Environment Canada Issued A Weather Warning For Montreal As Winds Will Gust Up To 70 km/h - MTL Blog ›
- A Quebec January Weather Forecast Suggests Lots Of Snow Is Incoming With Few Breaks - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Weather Forecast Is Calling For Up To 25 cm Of Snow This Week - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Weather Forecast Is Calling For Over 20 cm Of Snow This Week - MTL Blog ›