The Deep-Fried Strawberry Cheesecake Ball Will Make You Scream "That's What's Up Y'all"
Photo cred - Fia’s Maine Kitchen
Everyone knows that summer's favourite fruit, the strawberry, makes just about the best cheesecake flavour of all time. The sweet tartness of the strawberry, complemented by the creamy tang of the cheese, all brought together by a buttery crumb base is simply irresistible.
But ain't no one got time to make a whole cheesecake! So we found you one better - Cheesecake strawberries deep-fried in beer-batter! Warm fluffy batter, chilled strawberry and a hit of delectable cream cheese ftw!
Here's what you need:
- 1 lb strawberries, generously hulled
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar, plus more to dust
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c. self-rising flour
- 6 oz. beer (think fruity if you can)
- oil to fry
Here's what to do:
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 c. confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until smooth
- Pipe into hollowed strawberries
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes
- In separate bowl, whisk together self-rising flour, 1 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar and one half (6 oz.) of a can or bottle of beer until smooth
- In a deep fryer, or several inches of oil in a deep pan, heat oil to 350°F
- Coat stuffed berries with beer batter
- Fry until golden-y brown
Delicious right? So until someone starts selling these ready-made by the bucket-load, it's time go dig out those strawberries you got hanging about in the fridge and put them to good use immediately!
For more Montreal insights follow Synden on Twitter @Synden_