The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts has been free for on the last Sunday of every month for awhile now, but I bet you didn't know that you could go to ALL the collections and discovery exhibitions for free! This is not a drill. You officially don't have to spend a dime to see beautiful artworks from all across the globe.
I went yesterday with my sister for a project and was pleasantly surprised at the ticket-booth to hear that it is free for everyone under 30! We were able to visit all the permanent collections and enjoy a peacefully beautiful afternoon in Montreal.
Not to worry, if you aren't between the ages of 13 and 30 or over 65, you can still go for free on the last Sunday of every month! The museum was popping with people making it pretty busy but there wasn't any long lines to wait in.
ACCESS TO THE COLLECTIONS AND DISCOVERY EXHIBITIONS IS FREE FOR:
- Museum VIP members
- People aged 30 and under
- People aged 65 and up every Thursday
- The general public: the last Sunday of every month
- The general public during the Holiday season – December 26 to January 2 – and Spring Break.
- Families taking part in the activities will receive a dated pass.
- Underprivileged groups taking part in the Sharing the Museum programme, which benefits from the support of sponsors.
- All holders of membership cards from our cultural partners will enjoy the same discounts as applicable to admission to Major Exhibitions.