The Montreal Week-Ender: July 31st - August 3rd
Photo Cred - Jay Santos
What's up party people?!? Your favorite festival has arrived and it will be hot! Osheaga is really looking promising this year and we know you all cannot wait to party and take over Parc Jean-Drapeau, tomorrow. Of course, one cannot talk party without talking after party! Yeah, here at MTL Blog, we know how to talk that talk. The city is filled with so many parties, we might run out of alcohol supply. Here is where you should go to shake what your mamma gave ya;
Oh yeah, when you go out to these places, beware of your surroundings. You might be shaking it like a polaroid picture right next to André 3000 or Jack White or just any of the performers of the festival.
Thursday, July 31st
- Later when you get out of work, you'll probably be hungry or maybe even hangry so head to Cheeseburgers for Charity at Rosalie's. Fill yourself up, have a drink while supporting a good cause. View event>
- If you are so eager to start the Osheaga celebreation, tonight, there is the Osheaga Pre-Party at La Sala Rossa. It's free for the Osheaga three day pass holders. View event>
- It's Thursday and that means MELT at Blizzarts is happening! You should already know how it goes down with the MELT crew who make you move like you just discovered you had arms and legs. Some electro funk has never hurt anyone! View event>
- Another party we cannot forget to tell you about is Pipo Thursdays at Salon Officiel. Walla P from MELT will be joining Pipo on the ones and twos. View event>
Friday, August 1st
This will probably be the craziest day at the festival with Outkast headlining it. You will be sorry, not to Ms.Jackson but to yourself if you miss it! If ever you are hesitating on which acts to see during the festival, take a look at the list of 20 Acts You 100% Do Not Want To Miss At Osheaga 2014.
- As we said before, one cannot speak party without mentioning an after party! The official Osheaga after parties will be happening at Le Belmont all throughout the weekend. To keep the festival celebrations going, check out Danger, POMO, Mr Nokturn, Das Mortal & Omni at Le Belmont. View event>
Listen to this track by DANGER;
- If you are up for it, how about some bar hoping to make sure you make it to all the cool Osheaga after parties in town this week end? You can walk down the Main from Le Belmont and swing by 3643 St.Laurent Apt.200 to move to the sounds of WYLN, MELT MTL and High Klassified. Beware of your surroundings, REMEMBAH? Apt.200 is pretty much the hottest spot in town and you never know who will be showing up there. View event>
- Another post Osheaga party will be happening at the Theatre Corona with a Chromeo DJ set. You know this will be fun and nobody wants to miss out on fun so don't! View event>
- If you want to kick it with Pusha T, go to the Belvedere Fashion Party with Pusha T at Time Supperclub.View event>
Saturday, August 2nd
Another crazy lineup for the festival with Jack White, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, J.Cole, Haim and much more. You already know you will go nuts! But people, keep your composure because you still have the after parties to attend!
- Again, it is happening at Le Belmont but this time with Tommy Kruise, Munno, WCT & Noo Bap. There is no way you will not be hyped up with those guys on deck! View event>
Listen to Tommy Kruise's remix of Musoni's track below;
- If you're really down for bar hoping, lookout for the naked bike riders on your way from one place to another. Yeah, you read right, naked bike riders in the night! Click HERE to see what we're talking about.
- Saintwoods is having a Houseparty with The Celestics & many more special guests at 3643 St.Laurent Apt.200. This is the type of party you don't want to miss out on! Wonder who the special guests will be? Wonder no more and make your way over there! View event>
- LUWAN Saturday will totally be bumping. Go party with Jonah Leslie, Adam Wilcox and an awesome staff! Plus the crowd is always nice. View event>
- You prefer partying on a boat? Head to the Old Port for the MEG Boat Party with Benjamin Damage, Acid Arab, DJ MMF, Akta and wonderful crowd. Put on your flyest outfit and like babygirl Aaliyah said "Rock the Boat" people! View event>
Sunday, August 3rd
It is not over people, The Artic Monkeys, Lorde, Half Moon Run, Chvrches and many more will make sure to take all the energy you will have left.
Now, if you make it to any of the following parties, you are a soldier!
- Here is your chance to catch Duke Dumont if you sacrificed his act during the festival to go check out another artist perform. Go vibe out to Duke Dumont, Tom Trago and Vosper's sounds at Le Belmont.View event>
Listen to his track feat. Jax Jones below;
- Chvrches will be palying a DJ set at Theatre Corona. If for some reason you missed them at the festival, this is the opportunity to catch up! Don't you love this Scottish group? View event>
- Tokyo Bar Sunday is where you should go if you want to dance to some hip hop, R&B and more played by the Goontribe. View event>
- Want to end the Osheaga saga vibing out to some baby making music? Do it to Cyril Hahn's, POMO's and CRi's feel good music at 3643 St.Laurent Apt.200 Yeah, this is definitely the perfct way to end all the festival craziness! View event>
Want to watch movies outdoor all week end long? Fresh Air Cinema in the Old Montreal is where you want to go. Popular movies showcased outdoors without drive outside of Montreal to a cine-parc. Don't forget your camping chairs and blankets.
-You can catch The Amazing Spider-Man 2 this evening, of course if the weather allows it. View event>
-Tomorrow, the great movie Louis Cyr will be showcased. View event>
-Saturday, watch the classic movie; Jaws. Viev event>
Montreal, see you at some Osheaga party!
Didn't mention your event? Let Marialys know on Twitter @MarialysDiaz