I feel like many of us have arrived at a typical crossroads: try to squeeze in one more vacation, or resign ourselves to staying put for the rest of the summer. With a time crunch or a dwindling budget in mind, many of us may have settled for the latter option. But the reality is, you may not have to concede so easily - what if a quick road trip somewhere close by was the perfect happy medium?
We've spent tons of time this summer investigating nearby destinations that are accessible to any budget, age, timeframe, and interest. Whether it's renting a cottage close to Montreal, adventuring to a hidden cave, going on a challenging hike, or hanging out at a beach, we've continually proved that you really don't need to go far (or spend a ton of money) to have an awesome summer getaway.
So stop telling yourself that there's no time or money left for you to have a fun summer trip with your friends. We've compiled a list of some of the most beautiful, exciting, and unique areas to explore close to Montreal, so no excuses, because half of the work is already done. The only thing you need to do is pull the YOLO card and make some memories.
1. Go cliff jumping at Lac des Piles
2. Explore the Lusk Cave and go hiking in the surrounding area
Sidenote: Justin Trudeau was recently spotted here, so I mean, do you need another reason?
3. Spend a day at Brome Lake
4. Head to Plage D'Oka, one hour from the city
5. Hide away at this secret swimming spot, near the Saint Adele river
6. Find serenity at this lakeside spa
7. Rent one of these nearby cottages in Quebec
8. Roadtrip to the stunning Sandbanks Provincial Park
9. Go on a zip lining, treetop adventure at Arbraska Lafleche
10. Go horseback riding at Captiva Farms
11. Go camping at nearby Parc National du Mont-Tremblant
12. Roadtrip to ice cream heaven, a.k.a Coaticook, QC
13. Escape from everything at this beautiful, peaceful Ontario island
14. Venture to one (or all) of these amazing Quebec poutine shacks
15. Rent this insane lakeside treehouse for a weekend
Photo cred - Airbnb