Happy rainy afternoon everyone! Although the Montreal skies are as grey as can be at the moment, looks like we can expect clear skies this weekend!
Sunny skies are great news because there's a ton of stuff going on around the city that you shouldn't miss out on. As usual, here are a few key events to keep in mind.
First, we have a big "back to school" street sale happening on Mont-Royal all weekend. Second, internationally renowned digital arts and music festival MUTEK kicks-off this weekend! And last, make sure not to miss an awesome Polish community food festival "Polski Piknik" happening near Frontenac Metro this Sunday.
This is the time to enjoy the last few weeks of beautiful weather while it lasts. Have fun everyone, and stay hydrated!
Friday, August 24th
1. Mont-Royal Street sale all weekend!
Where: Mont-Royal Avenue
When: Friday, August 23rd - Sunday, 26th
2. Attend one of the many events hosted by digital music & arts festival MUTEK this weekend!
Where: Various venues across Montreal
When: August 22nd - 26th
3. Cozy up and binge brand-new top-rated Netflix Canada originals
Where: Your home!
When: anytime you want!
4. Check out the brand-new and trendy "Asian Brasserie" Miss Wong
Where: Centropolis, Laval
5. Check out Les Jardinieres weekly party "Scene ouverte"
Where: L’Esplanade Financière Sun Life // 4115 avenues Pierre de Coubertin
When: Friday at 4pm (recurring event)
Saturday, August 25th
1. Check out Tokyo Bar's end-of-summer rooftop BBQ party
Where: Tokyo Bar // 3709 Saint Laurent
When: Saturday, 2pm-10pm
2. Check out Alexanderplatz Bar's "Marche De Nuit" summer event
Where: Alexanderplatz // 6732 Avenue De Esplanade
When: August 25th 2pm-11pm
3. Check out a FREE dance performance right downtown
Where: Jardin Gamelins // Berri UQAM Metro
When: August 25th at 7pm (recurring event)
4. Check out open dance sessions at Au Pied Du Courant
Where: Village Au Pied Du Courant
When: Every Saturday & Sunday from 4pm-7pm
5. Go watch the most popular movie in Canada right now, Crazy Rich Asians!
Where: AMC Forum
When: Varying times (see more info)
Sunday, August 26th
1. Attend an amazing Polish food festival in the park!
Where: Parc Médéric-Martin // Metro Frontenac
When: Sunday, August 26th from 11am-8pm
2. Check out a special "MUTEK" edition of Piknic Electronik
Where: Parc Jean Drapeau
When: Sunday from 2pm-9:30pm
3. Attend a unique and relaxing musical event in Jarry Park
Where: Jarry Park
When: Sunday, August 26th at 2pm (recurring event)
4. Check out a FREE film screening at Village Pied Du Courant
Where: Village Au Pied Du Courant // 2100 rue Notre-Dame Est
When: Sunday, 8pm-11pm
5. Grab a drink or coffee at Canal Lounge before the season is over!
Where: Canal Lounge // Quai Atwater