Hello, beautiful people of Montreal! Hope the humidity is treating you well this week. I'm kidding because of course it's not, this heat is more oppressive than ever, and if you're not complaining, then I'm afraid you may not be human.
A couple of not-to-miss festivals are kicking off this weekend, and I'm here to give you the details on each one!
A few highlights: If electronic music is your thing, don't forget to check out Ile Sonique at Parc Jean Drapeau. There is also a budding food and culture festival happening at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre that is definitely worth checking out. And lastly, we've got the highly anticipated Italian Week street festival going down in the heart of Little Italy all weekend. As you can see, this weekend is ALL about food!
For those who prefer something a little more relaxing than massively crowded festivals, I also threw in some more intimate and low-key activities, like boating and cafe crawling, that you should take advantage of before summer is gone.
As always everyone, enjoy your weekend in this beautiful city and stay hydrated!
Friday, August 10th
1. Try the brand new and super famous Uncle Tetsu Japanese Cheese Cake
Where: Uncle Tetsu // 1410 Rue Pierce
2. Check out this crazy beautiful cafe Pastel Rita in the Plateau
Where: 5761 St Laurent Blvd
3. Check out the Quartier Des Spectacles downtown for the First People's Festivals
Where: Places Des Arts
When: August 7th - August 15th
4. Check out Ile Sonique the massive electronic music festival at Parc Jean Drapeau
Where: Parc Jean Drapeau
When: August 10th & 11th
5. Check out Bar Kabinet for their weekly BBQ Pop-Up in the Mile-End
Where: Bar Kabinet // 92 Avenue Laurier O
When: Fridays, 5-10pm (recurring event)
Saturday, August 11th
1. Indulge at Gauffres & Glaces, one of the most decadent sweet shops in town
Where: Gauffres & Glaces // 4376 St Laurent Blvd
2. Check out a Japanese Food & Culture festival hosted by the Japanese Cultural Center of Montreal
Where: Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre of Montreal // 8155 rue Rousselot
When: Saturday, 11 - 8pm
3. Check out this brand new, ultra sleek and modern cafe Le Watson
Where: Le Watson // 26 Rue Belanger
4. Check out "Les Samedis A Terrasses Bonsecours" a weekly event at the most beautiful patio in the city
Where: Terrasses Bonsecours
When: Saturday, 5pm-3am (recurring event)
5. Check out Montreal's one-and-only Italian Week 'Street' Festival in Little Italy
Where: Saint-Laurent Street // Little Italy
When: August 10-12th
Sunday, August 12th
1. Start your morning out right with yoga on the mountain for FREE!
Where: Cafe Suspendu du Mont-Royal
When: Sunda at 10:30am (recurring event)
2. Explore the prettiest local shops in the Mile-End of Montreal
3. Check out Mexican-inspired food & culture festival at Village Au Pied-Du-Courant
Where: Village Au Pied Du Courant
When: Sunday at 3pm-11pm
4. Check out "boozy brunch" Sunday's at Terrasse Bonsecours
Where: Terrasses Bonsecours // Old Port
When: Sundays from 2pm-10pm (recurring event)
5. Take a drive out to beautiful Hudson and hop on the Oka Ferry
Where: Hudson, QC
When: Open Sundays at 7am with departures every 15-minutes from both shores