Hello, fellow Montrealers! Hope you're all keeping very cool on this humid and muggy week. It's only Wednesday, but I just know all of you are dreaming about the weekend ahead.
We've got a few festivals closing this weekend, so it's you're last chance to check out both Just For Laughs and the Fantasia Film Festival.
On the other hand, we have a few awesome festivals kicking-off, including the Mac 'n Cheese fest in the Old Port and Haiti En Folie which will be going down in the beautiful Parc La Fontaine.
Needless to say, there's a TON of things to check out this weekend all over the city. As always, don't forget to have a blast and stay hydrated.
Friday, July 27th
1. Try this crazy "ramen hot dog" at Hotto Doggu!
Where: Hotto Doggu // Downtown
2. Check out a FREE comedy show at JFL Festival downtown
Where: Main JFL stage // 1555 Jeanne-Mance
When: Saturday, at 9pm
3. Check out the BBQ "pop-up" at Bar Kabinet
Where: Bar Kabinet // Mile-End
When: Every Saturday at 3pm
4. Check out a Vegan food pop-up at Village Au Pied Du Courant
Where: Village Au Pied Du Courant
When: Friday, at 5:30pm
5. Take a swan pedal boat out for a spin on the Lachine Canal
Where: Adventure H2O //
When: Open until 8pm Monday-Friday
Saturday, July 28th
1. Check out "Le Grand Macfest" Mac 'n Cheese fest in the Old Port this weekend!
Where: Quar Jacque-Cartier
When: July 24th-29th
2. Check out a huge community BBQ in the beautiful Park Angrignon
Where: Parc Angrigonon // Metro Angrigonon
When: Saturday at noon
3. Check out the Holi Color Festival in the Old Port!
Where: Quai De L'horloge // Old Port
When: Saturday, from 12pm-10pm
4. Check out the Saturday night fireworks from an Old Port rooftop Terrasse
Where: Terrasses Sur Lauberge // Old Port
When: Saturday at 8pm
5. Don't miss out on the last weekend of the Fantasia Film Festival!
Where: Multiple locations across the city
When: Check movie times for details!
Sunday, July 29th
1. Check out "Haiti En Folie" food and culture festival!
Where: Parc Lafontaine // Plateau
When: Sunday, 11am
2. Check out the last weekend of "Bouffon" gourmet food village in downtown
Where: Bleury corner Saint-Catherine
When: Starts at 12pm!
3. Take a quick trip to Europe by checking out brand-new Italian cafe Un Po Di Piu
Where: Caffe Un Po Di Piu // 3 Rue de la Commune Est
4. Participate in FREE outdoor yoga at Cafe Suspendu
Where: Cafe Suspendu // Mont-Royal
When: Every Sunday at 10:30am until October
5. Check out Riverside's awesome terrasse for their weekly Sunday block party
Where: Riverside // St-Henri
When: Sunday at 3pm