Well, friends, October is almost over - which means brace yourselves, November is coming. November gives a lot of people mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's starting to get cold and snowy and icy. On the other, Christmas is coming. But no matter where you stand on the November love/hate spectrum, I think we can all agree on one thing: free things to do are awesome. And November is full of them.
1. Get excited for Christmas by checking out the Santa Claus Parade on November 21.
2. Take free improv courses at the Theatre Ste-Catherine every Sunday from 5-7.
3. Explore St. Denis' Grande Terrasse Rouge before winter rolls around.
4. Get yourself winter ready and go skating for free at the Kirkland arena.
6. Recover from your Halloween party Hangover. You deserve it, friend.
7. Like to laugh? (Of course you do). Check out the Série Noire comedians during their garage party on November 4.
9. On November 1, roam the vinyls at the $1 vinyl sale at Aux 33 Tours.
10. Take advantage of those last moments before winter by taking a walk, either alone or with someone special.
11. Visit the McCord Museum, free on Wednesday nights.
12. Check out the delicious Vegan food at the Festival végane de Montreal on November 7.
13. Improve on your Arabic culture knowledge at the Festival du Monde Arabe de Montreal, until November 15.
14. Play the new Lara Croft video game. Do nothing else for the rest of the month, probably.
15. Check out Brazilian artists and artwork at Imagine Brazil, starting November 7.
16. Support local and indie artists and check out Expozine on November 14 and 15.
17. Roam the exhibits and collections at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, free on the last Sunday of the month.
19. Like authentic movie posters? Check out the sale at Aux 33 Tours on November 13-15.
20. Check out John Londoño's Snapshot Sessions at the Phi Centre, starting November 21.
21. Take a moment of silence on Remembrance Day (November 11).
22. Make your November purrrfect by going to a cat festival on November 14-15.