1. Enjoy an afternoon of Snowshoeing in Parc Nature Du Cap-Saint-Jaques
Just a 35-minute drive from downtown Montreal you find a beautiful nature get-away right on the island. Boasting over 20 KM of hiking trails, this park is perfect for mystical outdoor winter activities such as snowshoeing. Rentals available!
2. For those couples that can brave the cold, the Old Port has a stunning outdoor staking rink overlooking the water
For a truly romantic and New-York type outdoor skating experience check out the Natrel Skating Rink in the Old Port. It's located right behind the Beautiful Marche Bonsecour and if you bring your own skates, it only costs a couple of bucks to get in.
Snow tubing is quite possibly the most exhilarating outdoor winter activity. Perfect date idea, too. It's also great for all you lazy bones out there because there is a lift that brings you and your tube back up the hill. Just sit back and enjoy the slide.
4. Head outside of the city to Parc Omega to catch a glimpse of beautiful Quebec Wildlife
Can you think of anything more magical than an unplanned deer sighting? Hmm, don't think so, right!? Parc Omega is just a short distance outside of Montreal and is a nature and wildlife adventure where all kinds of animals can be spotted. You can fork out a bit of extra cash and rent a cabin and stay overnight.
5. For Cross-Country skiing and other outdoor activities head to Bois-De-Ile Bizare
There are so many scenic nature get-aways right outside the city. This one is located on the edge of Ile Bizare to the north of the island. Here you will find all kinds of outdoor winter activities to enjoy, and rentals are available for a fee, of course. See website for details!
6. Try something different and channel your Canadian ancestors by going on a dog sledding date this winter
Dog sledding is a once in a lifetime kinda experience, so why not try it out with your main squeeze. It does, however, take a full day and you will have to leave the comfort of the city. But you will most definitely walk away having experienced something unique and obviously very instagram-worthy.
7. The best winter activity is in our own back yard. Drive up to the Laurentians for a day of skiing or snowboarding
The Laurentian's is a region right outside the city and home to several hills that are great for day and night skiing. The great thing about the Laurentian's is that these hills are great for beginners and the prices are more reasonable than the bigger mountain in the area. Check out the official site below!
8. Bring the whole fam to annual Fetes Des Neiges at Parc Jean Drapeau
Just because it's snowing, doesn't mean the fun has to stop. Fetes Des Neiges is an outdoor winter festival hosted every year at Parc Jean Drapeau with tons of fun activities for the whole family. Check out the official site for all the details!
9. Visit and plan an overnight stay and rent a cabin at Parc National Du Mont Tremblant
Quebec boasts some of the most beautiful national parks in the country. The great part is that Parc Du Mont Tremblant offers beautiful accommodations at varying price ranges. All kinds of outdoor activities are offered during the winter season. Check out the Quebec National Parcs official site for all the info!
10. Go tree shopping outside the city and head to a Christmas Tree Farm
Shopping for your very own real Christmas tree is a yearly holiday tradition. There are a few Christmas Tree Farms located right outside the city. Some will even let you cut your own tree down. Check out Arbes De Noel Hadley for more info!