Well, it's finally here. December. Does that mean snow, sleet, and ice? Does that mean food, holiday cheer, and presents? Yes to all of the above. But you know what else that means?
Friends, it means a bunch of free and awesome things to do in Montreal. Don't know what I'm talking about? Don't sweat it. Break out your ugly Christmas sweaters and read on for 40 Free Things To Do This December 2015 In Montreal.
1. Participate in some cold yoga and let the stress of winter melt away.
2. Go Christmas tree browsing, and take a selfie when you find the one that looks like it belongs on Charlie Brown.
5. Start working on that summer bod, no gym membership required.
7. Watch some classic Christmas flicks. Warm up with some free hot chocolate while you're at it.
8. Check out the "Fontaine Boreale" water fountain show at Complexe Desjardins.
9. On December 6, get a free guided tour of the Montreal Holocaust Museum.
10. Like music? Of course you do. Check out these free Christmas concerts at two of Montreal's beautiful parks.
11. Warm yourself up at Place Jacques-Cartier. Perfect after a long, subzero day of shopping.
12. Have a snowball fight with your friends. If you lose, they might even get you some mulled wine.
14. Volunteer at your favourite charity. It's the holidays, friends.
15. Get your skate on at the Kirkland Arena.
16. Or venture out to Jarry Park for some free outdoor skating.
17. Check out Le Matos' album launch at the Phi Center on December 9.
18. Venture down to Lachine for some free comedy and curling. Yes. Curling.
19. Take a stroll through Parc des Compagnons. Feel all warm and Christmas-like inside.
20. Get immersed in the Quartier des Spectacles' Luminotherapie.
21. Build a Snowman. Try not to break out into song. Fail miserably.
23. Holidays got you feeling sluggish? No worries. Go for a free Zumba class. Now you can eat that extra gingerbread cookie.
24. Take a picture with Santa at your favourite mall. Don’t lie and say it’s just to make your grandmother happy. He’ll know.
26. Make a snow angel and rejoice because you’re off from school/work for a while. Is there anything better than a vacation?
27. Check out Verdun’s Santa Claus Olympics and enjoy some beautiful Christmas scenery (and skating!)
28. Stroll down St. Laurent street and admire the gorgeous Christmas lights.
29. Admire the beautiful Christmas display at the Ogilvy window.
30. On December 6, go to a poetry slam night at Divan Orange.
31. Recycle last year's Ugly Christmas sweater. Wear it well before the holidays. Feel absolutely no shame.
32. Take a stroll through the Nutcracker Market. Feel overwhelmed with the Christmas spirit.
33. Too much gravy? Sweat it out at this Bootcamp SuperFit exercise event.
34. Love taking pics with your iPhone? Who doesn't. On December 2, Unsplash + Apple will help give you some tips on taking legit iPhone pictures. Sign up for free here.
35. Like yoga? Like smoothies? On December 2, you can combine both your loves in this free event.
36. Know how to knit? Beautiful. Donate your time for a good cause and knit hats for Syrian refugees in need.
37. Take a stroll through Complexe Desjardins as it turns into a winter wonderland for Christmas.
38. Admire the beautiful Christmas trees in Montreal's shopping malls. 1 Place Ville Marie, anyone?
40. And no matter what you plan to do, enjoy your holiday!