Friends, what's the best thing about Montreal? The awesome food? The amazing culture? The beautiful people? Yes, yes, and yes. Pretty much everything about Montreal is great. But one of my personal faves about this city? You can have a lot of fun - for free. That's right. There are certain awesome events in this city that won't break your wallet, but will definitely break that boredom streak. Don't believe me? Well, you should, friends. Read on for 40 FREE Things To Do This March 2016 In Montreal.
1. If the winter blues have hit you full force, check out this meditation workshop on March 7.
2. If gaming is your jam, then check out this game showcase, March 3.
3. And don't forget that you have until March 5 to experience Montreal En Lumiere.
4. If you're an artist at heart (heartist?), check out this free vernissage, opening on on March 5.
6. Get your party on every Wednesday at Le Belmont's Bass Drive Wednesdays, free before 11:00.
7. Or if you're more of a trivia buff, check out Blue Dog's Trivia Tuesdays.
8. Prepare your liver for St. Patrick's Day by swearing off alcohol until March 17.
9. Crack immediately and reach for the bottle of emergency wine you keep in your closet.
10. Check out this sunset concert at Concordia University's Greenhouse on March 9.
11. Or get yourself to McGill University for their monthly Public Astro Night on March 24.
13. On March 14, eat that leftover slice of pie you've been saving for exactly this occasion.
14. And don't forget to give yourself a huge high-5 for knowing exactly why you should be eating pie on March 14.
15. Celebrate the month of the Pisces in style at Clebard's Pisces Birthday on March 11, featuring free admission.
16. If you're a student, make the most of your reading week by chilling in bed and catching Fuller House on Netflix.
17. If you're not a student, watch Fuller House on Netflix anyway. (Is anyone else as excited for this as I am?)
18. On March 1, check out this poetry reading session at Resonance Cafe.
19. Or, if you're feeling musical, catch Matt Lazenby & The Constant Supervision at Grumpy's on March 5.
20. Stroll down to Les Cours Mont-Royal and check out their Barbie exhibition, basically whenever.
21. Check out Concordia's Art Matters art festival, running throughout the month of March.
22. Or walk through Montreal's underground city and catch the Art Souterrain exhibitions, until March 20.
23. If you're looking to make it in the business world, check out this startup seminar on March 16.
24. On March 12, check out the Nordicité Symposium at Concordia University.
26. On March 20, do a happy dance; it's the official first day of spring.
27. And don't forget to get into Montreal's Museum of Fine Arts for free on March 26.
28. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day by attending Montreal's St. Patrick's Day Parade on March 20. Wear something green, obvs.
29. If you're down for some major nostalgia, check out the second edition of Le Ritz PDB'S SNES + NES Night on March 9.
30. March 8 is International Women's Day, so give your favourite woman a hug.
31. On March 2, check out the "Dissections: Imagine Brazil" talk at the Phi Centre.
32. And while you're at it, check out their Virtual Reality Garden, until March 31.
33. Stick to your New Years Resolution and go for a springtime jog around your block.
34. Or get yourself to Boisbriand for a semi-private training session on March 3.
35. If you're more of a yoga person, check out Lole St. Catherine's free "hatha flow yoga" session on March 23.
36. Or check out their "Thai massage-yoga" class on March 13.
37. If you're down to listen to some jazz, check out Upstairs Bar's Concordia University jam sessions throughout March.
38. Or get to their Latin Jazz Night, free after 10 PM, on March 6 and 20.
39. Learn about Canadian architecture at the Canadian Centre for Architecture, free admission after 5:30 on Thursdays.
40. And don't forget to spring yourself forward by an hour on March 13.
Add mtlblog on Snapchat.