This summer the weather has been seriously letting us down. We were expecting to horrible escape the winter cold and be rewarded with sun and warmth all summer long. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out like that.
READ ALSO: It's Official, You Can Now Have McDonald's Delivered To Your Home In Montreal
So that's why we need to take initiative and make this summer great regardless of the weather. The best way to do this is take all those ideas of things that you always wanted to do in Montreal and do them.
Lucky for us, the summer in Montreal is jam packed with festivals, events, markets especially in July. If you're looking for something special to do with your boo on any day of the month, then this list has got you covered!
For More Things To Do In Montreal, Check The Links Below:
For The First Week Of July, Click "NEXT"
1. Stroll through giant outdoor sidewalk sale at Saint Hubert Plaza starting today at 10 am to bargain with street vendors, watch some amazing outdoor entertainment and free concerts.
2. Did you wish you could take your significant other to Cirque du Soleil this year but just couldn't afford it? Well instead bring your bae to Montreal's Circus Street festival starting July 6th until July 16th.
3. This Friday July 7th you can't miss Montreal's largest street food festival. First Fridays will have hundreds of food trucks outside Olympic stadium serving up some of the best eats in the city.
4. There is a huge Caribbean parade happening this Saturday the 8th. Enjoy tons of music, vibrant colours and excitement downtown all day long.
5. After you've enjoyed tons of excitement downtown, take your bae out for a romantic rooftop dinner at Les Enfants Terrible.
6. Then head out for some dancing and great live DJs at Newspeak.
7. If you and your bae love comic books then get your outfits ready for Montreal's Commicon happening this Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
8. Montreal's Firework Competition is now in full swing and is happening this Saturday night starting at 10pm. The featured country is Italy and is bound to impress!
9. On Sunday, have a chill day in the sand and sun at Clock Tower Beach in the Old Port. Entrance is only $2!
10. Once you're done sunning yourselves head out for a fun afternoon of bucket drinks and good music at Picnik Electronik this Sunday.
For The Second Week Of July, Click "NEXT"
1. On July 11th you must check out Nuits D'Afriques which will feature tons of amazing artists playing at Paterre du Quartier until July 23rd.
2. If you and your bae love to make those connections and network, then head out to the Old Port on July 12th until July 15th for Startupfest.
3. Also starting on July 12th is Montreal's infamous Just For Laughs Festival. Check out their lineup here to find when your favourite comedian is hitting the stage.
4. If yoga is your passion check out this free yoga class happening on July 12th at Place Emilie-Gamelin.
5. On July 13th you need to head downtown for the start of Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival. See some of the best genre films from Asia, Europe, North America and more.
6. Saint Catherine Street is holding a huge sidewalk sale starting July 14th to 16th. Score some deals and eat some great street food!
7. After you've explored the streets of downtown Montreal and scored some unbeatable deals, head over to Bouffons Montreal food festival. It's an open air gastro-village with a beach, picnic tables and tons of delicious eats!
8. After you've enjoyed a week packed full of events and activities, take some time off to relax at Bota Bota Spa Sur L'Eau. Have a relaxing massage, soak in the hot tubs and sweat it out in the saunas.
9. If you've got some extra cash to spend, I suggest treating your bae to an exciting night out at Cirque Du Soleil's Volta. Their tent will be stationed in Montreal until July 23rd and tickets range from $50 to $295.
10. On July 15th hit up Barfly for a free show featuring Scarfold, Fragmented, Public Outsiders and more.
For The Third Week Of July, Click "NEXT"
1. This July until August 11th is Marche des Possibles, an open-air market happening in the Mile End. They have a beer garden, live music, film screenings, a farmer's market and so much more!
2. Starting on July 18th at the PHI Centre is a show called Lucid Realities happening until December 16th. It's a special show allowing visitors to "step inside dreams, nightmares, fantasies, and recollections".
3. On Wednesday evenings check out the McCord Museum for free! Enjoy the art with your bae without breaking the bank.
4. Don't miss Theatre Percussion's performance of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing at various parks all over Montreal from July 13th until August 15th.
6. If you love exploring the unique events happening in Montreal, head own to Old Montreal to see the light projections of Cite Memoire happening every evening from May 10th until April 10th of 2018!
7. If you're looking for a free way to spend your Thursday nights, check out the Canadian Architecture Museum after 5 pm for free admission!
8. You should also take a stroll around Montreal's Plateau area to see some of the new murals from Mural Fest while they're still fresh.
For The Fourth Week Of July, Click "NEXT"
1. On July 26th don't miss unwinding with some free yoga with your bae at Jardins Gamelin.
2. Take your bae out for brunch at one of the Montreal spots that were ranked among the 50 best in Canada.
3. On July 29th don't miss buying your bae some amazing jewelry, crystals and gems at the Metaphysical Trade Show.
4. Spend some time strolling through the fresh fruit an veggies at Jean Talon market anytime this week.
7. Head over to Floating Boat Cafe on Lachine Canal for some cocktails overlooking the water.
8. Take a hike up Mont-Royal to see the classic lookout. Go at night for even more romance and get views of the sparkling city lights below you.
9. On July 30th get free BIXI bikes and bike all around Montreal with bae. Visit all the spots you said you would got to but never got a chance to.
10. Don't forget to visit Montreal's all-new Harry Potter themed bar that just opened. Drink potions and Harry Potter-themed foods at this super cool spot!