Well, guys, August is here. The time is flying by AF, and honestly, I'm wondering where all the time has gone. But that doesn't matter. Montreal is awesome, no matter what month it is, and there are tons and tons of fun things to do in the city this month.
Which, of course, includes free things. This is pretty awesome, TBH, considering that it's almost maybe time to start thinking of saving up your money for the new school year. But hey, let's not talk about that. We're still summer, technically, and we've still got a bunch of super fun things to do for literally zero dollars.
1. On August 6 at 3:00, stroll down to Saint-Denis street for a massive block party on their Grande Terrasse Rouge.
2. If you're an August baby, get yourself a free birthday meal from any one of these awesome places.
3. From August 5 - 10, get your Italian on and check out Montreal's Italian Week in Little Italy.
4. Fashion lover? Check out the Festival Mode & Design at Montreal's Place Des Festivals on August 15 - 20.
5. If you're a party animal/yogi, check out Lululemon's Roga/Yoga Festival event on August 6 at Mont-Royal park.
6. On any day of the month, check out this Montreal shop to get anything you might need, all for free.
7. Grab some camping gear and check out one of these free Quebec campsites before the summer's over.
8. Film lover? Awesome. Check out 9x[MTL] installation at Montreal's Quartier Des Spectacles, running throughout the month.
9. Or check out the Phi Centre's Not Short On Talent short film installation, free throughout the month.
10. Or, on August 5, brush up on your Star Wars and catch this screening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the parking lot of the Dairy Queen on St. Catherine Est.
11. On August 18, check out McGill's super fascinating Public Astro Night lecture.
12. If you're an art buff, check out the Journées du Bénin vernissage on August 4.
13. And while you're at it, don't forget to check out the Under Pressure International Graffiti Festival, from August 13, featuring a bunch of free events.
14. Still didn't reach your summer bod goals? Check out Lole Ste-Catherine's Bootcamp event, August 6.
15. Bootcamp not your thing? No worries. Try out Lole Ste-Catherine's Yoga class on August 11.
16. Or else go for a fun and leisurely walk through the pink ball art installation, up until September 26.
17. Classical music connoisseur? Check out the OSM Classical Spree festival, from August 10 - 13.
18. Unless you're a jazz fan, in which case check out Upstairs Jazz Club for their Concordia jam sessions, free Wednesdays throughout August.
19. Or, if you're just a lover of all things music, check out the 15th Edition RAC Concert Series on August 9.
20. On August 4, swing by the Quartier Des Spectacles for the Digging Roots concert, as part of the Montreal First People's Festival.
21. If you're a lover of all things history, get yourself to Montreal's Old Port, for a blast from the past/18th century public market transformation.
22. Is architecture your thing? Grab your friends and head to Montreal's Plateau, and be prepared to spot some seriously adorable houses.
23. While you're there, see how many squirrels you can find hopping through Parc La Fontaine. Snapchat all of them. Have zero regrets.
24. On August 7, head to the top of Mont-Royal for a free concert.
25. When the concert is done, hunt for some rare Pokémon.
26. Or, if you're not a fan of Pokémon GO, get your jog on through Montreal's most beautiful mountain.
27. On the 13th of August, check out Montreal Pride's Community Day, down Ste-Catherine Street.
28. Then, on August 14, check out Montreal's Pride Parade, and support yourself one seriously legit cause.
29. Need to learn to speak English or French ASAP? Check out these free classes, and hit the town being fully bilingual.
30. Make the most of summer, and hit up these awesome secret tanning locations.
31. Feeling nostalgic? On August 5, check out a screening of Space Jam in Westmount Park, put on by the Trevor Williams Kids Foundation.
32. On August 12, check out Montreal's free outdoor orchestra at the Olympic Stadium.
33. Go explore Montreal's Mile-Ex. Bonus points if you pack a park-ready picnic and set up in Jarry Park.
34. Bust out your Pokémon GO app and go for a scenic jog around the city. You'll hatch those eggs in no time.
35. On August 5, prove your love for Montreal's food scene by attending the biggest food truck festival in Canada.
36. Find someone you truly respect, and then test your limits by telling them any one of these jokes.
37. Or just say them to your close friends. Same thing.
38. If film is your one true bae, check out these free film screenings in Place De La Paix, Tuesdays throughout the month.
39. Is yoga the name of your game? Then check out this free morning yoga session in the Urban Forest, until August 25.
40. Prepare for the upcoming school year by cleaning out the summer clutter from your desk.
41. Or just hide from reality and watch Stranger Things on Netflix. (And prepare to have your mind blown wide open).
Add mtlblog on Snapchat.