Guys, we did it. Bust out the champagne. We finally made it to April! It was a long, tough ride, but it was totally worth it.
READ ALSO: Canadians Absolutely Lost Their Fvcking Minds About The $150 VIA Rail Passes Being Sold Out (25 Tweets)
With April comes a whole lot of awesome things. Longer days, sunshine, green grass, tulips, springtime... and tons of free things to do in Montreal.
1. On April 1, get yourself to Cycle Recycle for their free outdoor sugar shack event.
2. Throughout the month, check out the SAT’s super cool audio-visual exhibit, Displacement, on as part of the Montreal Digital Spring event.
3. Now that the weather's finally getting beautiful again, hike through Mont-Royal.
4. Stop at your favourite summit, and take a picture of Montreal in all its springtime glory.
5. Try to find as many "cherry blossom trees" in Montreal as you can.
6. Then, when you've found your favourite spot, Insta story TF out of it.
7. Art lover? From April 21 - 23, check out the Papier contemporary art festival, 100% free to attend.
8. If you're in that summer bod frame of mind, then check out this free yoga meetup at Lole St. Denis, April 9.
9. Or, if that date doesn't work for you, then attend their April 30 version.
10. Take a stroll through Old Montreal and the Old Port. Remember how incredibly beautiful this spot of the city is in the sunlight.
11. Stay a little longer, and check out the Cite Memoire outdoor exhibit once it gets darker out.
12. Starting April 10, get yourself to the Quartier Des Spectacles and check out their super fun, interactive musical swings installation.
13. If art is totally your jam, then check out the L'Image En Mouvement exhibit at Galerie de l'UQAM, on until April 8.
14. Or, if you're more of a music buff, then check out Alice Limgoes' free show at L'Escalier on April 2.
15. More of a jazz fan? No worris. On April 5, get yourself to Upstairs Jazz Club, for their free Concordia live jam session.
16. Then swing by the Maison Du Festival and check out the Jazz Festival's permanent exhibition, on throughout the month.
18. On the last Sunday of the month (so, April 30), enjoy free access to all the regular exhibits at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
19. If architecture is more your thing, then get yourself to the Canadian Centre for Architecture every Thursday after 5:30 PM for free access.
20. On April 1, make sure to get yourself to the Leonard & Bina Ellen Art Gallery, for the last day of the Sovereign Acts II art exhibit.
21. Change things up this month by staying TF home, and peeping some of these awesome new Netflix shows.
22. While you're there, start spring afresh by totally cleaning and organizing your living space.
23. Get bored after a solid ten minutes and watch the new Bill Nye show on Netflix.
25. Then resist the urge to post a contemplative, nostalgic status to Facebook.
26. Starting on April 20, check out Aime Comme Montreal outdoor photo exhibit at Place Des Arts.
27. Piano fan? Then get yourself to Upstairs Jazz Club on April 4 after 10:30 PM, and listen to the Great American Songbook.
28. On that same day, check out the Handsome Ransoms live at L'Escalier.
29. Is ice cream your one true bae? On April 4, get yourself to Ben & Jerry's, for their super famous (and life giving) free cone day.
30. From April 20 - 29, get yourself to the Galerie de l'UQAM, and check out a free contemporary art exhibition.
31. Now that the sun is out, get yourself to any little-known (but awesome) Montreal borough.
32. Explore a cafe, a restaurant, a park, and a bar. Maybe find your new favourite of each.
33. On April 3, check out the launch of the series Game(r), free at Meltdown Montreal.
34. Then, on Aprl 4, get yourself to Mayfair for their free Ella Fitzgerald jazz night.
35. If your first love is retro gaming, then check out this retro videogame sale, taking place April 15 at Plaza St. Hubert. PSA: window shopping costs nothing.
36. Or, if records are your legit first love, then check out this record convention, featuring free entrance after 10 AM and a live DJ, on April 29.
37. Keeping with the vintage theme, check out this retro dance soiree at Pub L'Ile Noire, April 16.
38. Immerse yourself in a super artistic ambiance, starting April 22, and check out this free art gallery showing at B-312 gallery.
40. Pack a picnic and bike down to your favourite park. Enjoy the good homemade food and the gorgeous Montreal springtime vibes.
41. Is contemporary dance your life? Then head out to the Place Des Festivals starting April 22, for the 15 X La Nuit dance exhibit.
Recommended for you
Miranda Cipolla Editor by day, latte connoisseur... also by day. Follow my adventures on Instagram: @ciaomiranda12.