Guys, we made it. The first month of 2017 is officially over and done with; we can now rest easy knowing that 2016 was just a blip in time, TBH.
READ ALSO: 11 Cheap Spas Close To Montreal You Can Take Your Girlfriend To For Valentine’s Day
With a new month comes brand new awesome, fun things to do in the city. February in Montreal is great for a bunch of reasons (Valentine's Day, beautiful, snowy views, a very short month of winter weather); but it's also great because in February, there are a whole bunch of free things to do.
1. Just feel like partying (for free)? On February 11 and 18, get yourselves to Igloofest for their free Off-Igloo Nights.
2. On February 2, don't forget to dig out your copy of Groundhog Day and watch one of the best film classics ever.
3. Down to become one with your body, mind, and soul? Head on over to Lole Ste-Catherine for a free Hatha Yoga session, February 3.
4. Starting February 22 and lasting the rest of the month, check out Montreal's outdoor Illuminart exhibits, as part of Montreal En Lumiere.
5. Celebrate winter in Montreal and check out the last weekend of Montreal's Fete Des Neiges, February 4-5.
6. Love biking more than anything else in life? On February 12, participate in the ice bike race at Parc Maisonneuve.
7. Feel like checking out a live show? Then head on over to Honey Martin and check out Hanorah's musical stylings, February 3.
8. Celebrate Black History Month in the best way you see fit, and check out the official website of Black History Month in Montreal for updates on some super fun free events.
9. Is cheese your bae? Then head on over to The Festival Of Our Cheeses festival and discover Quebec cheeses, February 23 - 25.
10. Love sliding through the city more than anything else? Then head on over to Montreal's Old Port and check out Igloofest's Nordik Slide, until February 19.
11. On February 2, don't forget to dig out your copy of Groundhog Day and watch one of the best film classics ever.
12. Want to feel totally, holistically healthy? Head on over to Lole Ste-Catherine for their Essentrics class, February 23.
13. If you straight-up adore cinema, then check out this free film screening on February 21, as part of the Rendez-Vous Du Cinema Quebecois event.
14. Is ice skating your winter activity of choice? Then check out the beyond beautiful Old Port Skating rink, open throughout the month.
15. If you want to admire the wonderland that is winter, head on over to the Olympic Stadium and admire the gorgeous winter Mammouth Village.
16. If jazz is your absolute favourite genre of live music, then get yourself to Upstairs Jazz Bar on February 1, 8, 15, or 22, for their free live Concordia jam sessions.
17. Or, if you're more McGill than Concordia, check out Upstairs Jazz Bar on February 2, 9, 16, or 23, for their free live jam sessions.
18. On the last Sunday of the month (so February 26), head on over to the Montreal Museum Of Fine Arts and enjoy free admission to the collections.
19. Every Monday night, test your capacity for useless knowledge and participate in trivia night at McKibbin's on Bishop.
20. Do you adore winter more than anything else? Then head over to the Old Port, and check out Igloofest's interactive Nordik Village exhibit, on until February 19.
21. Does art make your heart soar? Then check out the Futuristic Future art exhibit at Galarie Pangee, on until February 18.
22. If extreme sports are your extreme calling, then check out this ice canoeing event, going down on February 11-12.
23. On February 14, surprise bae with a homemade dinner and lots of adorable Valentine's Day Snapchats.
24. Or, if you're spending Valentine's Day sans bae, get yourself to Parc Lafontaine for a super fun skate around the rink.
25. Wednesday evenings throughout the month, enjoy any normal exhibit at the McCord museum for free.
26. If music is your life, then check out this concert at the Oratory on February 26, free admission as part of the MNM Festival.
27. All the way until roughly February 9, stroll through Chinatown and check out the Chinese lanterns up to celebrate the Lunar New Year.
28. Throughout the month, check out the illumination of the Biosphere for Montreal's 375th birthday.
29. Feel like you're an improv performer at heart? Check out a free improv class at Montreal Improv, February 4.
30. On February 4, attend this Bootcamp session at Lole Ste-Catherine.
31. Then, on February 5 (AKA World Nutella Day), reward yourself with one or two (or seven) spoonfuls of Nutella.
32. Live music lovers, check out Nicolas Patterson's EP launch at Casa del Popolo on February 7.
33. On February 2, get yourself to McGill University's SSMU Building for their screening of Indigenous Rights in Canada, plus panel discussion.
34. If you're a fan of DIY, then check out this winter DIY market on February 18, at Casa del Popolo.
35. If live music is your whole life, then check out Beatrice Keeler playing live at Grumpy's on February 27.
36. History, anthropology, and geology lovers, rejoice; get yourselves to McGill's Redpath Museum, and enjoy free admission every day of the week.
37. On National Pizza Day (AKA, February 9), try to home-make yourself a delicious pizza pie.
38. Give up halfway through and Instagram the hilarious results.
39. Take a stroll through Montreal's Old Port and check out the beautiful Cite Memoire projections during the nighttime.
40. Get yourself to Mount-Royal's Beaver Lake, lace up your skates, and prepare to glide across the lake.
41. If you're a fan of all things erotic (and legit, who among us isn't?) then check out this erotic art vernissage, February 2.