Guys, we made it. We've come through the rabbit hole. It's finally (finally!!) 2017.
READ ALSO: 40 Cool Things Happening In Montreal In 2017
All jokes aside, 2016 might not have been the best of years for some of us, but all in all, it still was a pretty solid time. If you disagree, then at the very least you can't deny that the only way to make 2017 awesome, is to make sure it's awesome.
And the best way to do that? Well, to start the year off doing a bunch of fun things that won't make you broke, of course!
1. Start off 2017 with some wonder, and check out the Luminotherapie exhibit at the Quartier Des Spectacles.
2. If museums are your thing, check out the Michal and Renata Hornstein Pavilion for Peace, free admission until January 15.
3. Reflect on the disaster that was 2016.
4. Then remember that you have the power to make sure your 2017 is 100x better than last year.
5. Want to be immersed in Montreal's history? Then get yourself to Old Montreal for their outdoor Cite Memoire film exhibition, on throughout January.
7. Film buff? Check out this screening of "The Colors that Combine to Make White are Important", January 11 at Dazibao.
6. Or else get yourself to Montreal's Phi Centre, and check out their Virtual Reality Garden for free throughout the month.
7. Love the outdoors? Check out the Barbegazi outdoor obstacle course in downtown Montreal, January 6-8 and 13-15.
8. Or, if you've always wanted to learn about essential oils and how to use them, then get yourself over to Cafe L'Infusion for a free essential oil class, January 20.
9. Always dreamed of being immersed in creativity? On January 22, get to Studio Bizz for their Open House, and enjoy free classes, hot chocolates, and more.
10. Remember that January 2017 marks the start of Montreal's 375th anniversary! Celebrate in whatever fun and free way you see fit.
11. Immerse yourself in the beauty that is winter and stroll through the Olympic Park's Mammouth Village.
12. Then head over to the park's gorgeous outdoor skating rink for some super fun skating time.
13. Write up your list of New Years resolutions.
14. Instagram and Snapchat them, so all your followers can hold you accountable if/when you give up on them.
15. Want to get more cultured in 2017? Then head on over to the McCord Museum, free admission on Wednesday evenings.
16. Or check out the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, free on the last Sunday of the month. (For this month, that would be January 29).
17. And if you're into architecture more than anything else, then no worries. Montreal's Canadian Centre for Architecture is free every Thursday after 5:30.
18. If outdoor yoga is totally for you, then try out one of these free snow yoga classes, going down Sundays throughout January in Montreal's Plateau.
19. Weekends in January, get yourself to Beaver Lake, strap on your ice skates, and prepare to glide to the sound of music.
20. Fan of student-made music? Check out this free doctoral violin recital at McGill University, January 13.
23. Or else head on over to Upstairs Jazz Bar for a free McGill jazzy jam session on January 26.
25. Whip out the shovel and clear out your stairs. It's not fun, but it's gotta be done.
26. Give up halfway through and make a very dapper snowman to guard your front porch instead.
27. On Mondays, get yourself to McKibbin's on Bishop on St. Laurent and participate in some bar trivia.
28. Want to learn all there is to know about exoplanets? Then check out this open conference on exoplanets, hosted by Jonathan Gagne, on January 24.
29. History buff? Check out this screening of the film Denial, January 24 at Montreal's Holocaust Museum.
30. On January 7, get yourself to the Old Port's skating rink and watch a free, gorgeous firework show.
31. Or just get yourself to the Old Port Skating Rink for some really good, glidy vibes.
32. On the least icy day of the month, get a head start on bidding farewell to the holiday calories and go for a super safe (and fun!) winter jog.
33. Hockey lover? On January 28 and 29, watch the biggest hockey competition in the city go down at Parc Jean-Drapeau.
34. If you're a fan of a free show with your dinner, then head on out to La Sala Rosa Restaurant for a free flamenco show with your meal, every Thursday.
35. Squeeze as much relaxation as you can out of your winter break, and binge watch Stranger Things on Netflix (probably for the 12th time, tbh. Yes, it's that good a show).
38. When you do find it, Snapchat the moment like there's no tomorrow.
39. Art lover? Then check out this really cool vernissage, January 5.
40. Starting January 12, get yourself to Place Jacques-Cartier for Igloofest's giant Nordik Slide to celebrate Montreal's 375th.
41. Or else check out their super cool, interactive Village Nordik, from January 12.
Add mtlblog on Snapchat.