Guys, we made it. It's October. One of my top 5 favourite months, October is home to crisp air, beautiful colours, and nothing but good (and a lil' spooky) vibes.
READ ALSO: Montreal Is Going To Host Canada’s Largest Street Food Festival This October
In Montreal, we're super lucky to have tons of awesome things to do, no matter what the month is. We're even luckier that we happen to have tons of totally free, fun things to do, at any time of the year, as well - October's no exception.
1. Get rid of the Halloween candy guilt before it begins by attending this free trampoline yoga event, October 2.
2. And then head out to the Quartier Des Spectacles to check out their 9 x [MTL] art installation, on until the 2nd.
3. Live your best jazz life on October 8, and check out Chaosmos' live show at the Resonance Cafe as part of the L'OFF Jazz festival.
4. Love of all things improv? On October 1, get yourself to Montreal Improv for their free, open-door improv workshop.
5. Until October 10, check out the Pick A Peck Of Pumpkins gourd-loving event at the Chateau Ramezay.
7. Throughout Montreal's pizza week, try your hand at making your very own pizzas with two free workshops in Little Italy.
8. On October 15, check out Cirquantique's free show in the Ruelle De La Sala Rossa as part of the Festival Phenomena.
9. Squeeze as many summer vibes out of the month as you possibly can by checking out the Jardins Gamelin, until October 2.
10. Then prolong the good vibes on October 8, with Lolë Ste-Catherine's free Hatha yoga event.
11. Book worm? On October 18, check out the launch of Laila Parsons' The Commander at Paragraphe Bookstore.
12. Or else, on October 6, get yourself to Casa Del Popolo for the launch of The Legend Of The Rat King (plus a show!)
13. Get to know Montreal's Quartier Des Spectacles with a free walking tour, until October 2.
14. Have a lot of pent up rage? Check out Rage Academy's Free Axe Throwing event on October 7, and get it all out in a healthy way.
15. From October 2 - 16, check out the La Garde interactive art installation at Place Des Arts, part of the Festival Du Nouveau Cinema De Montreal.
16. Down to get fit just before the holidays? Check out the Fit2Be Bootcamp free workshop, put on by Lolë St. Catherine.
17. Or else grab your BFFs and go for a charming stroll down the brand new, construction free stretch of Saint-Denis street.
18. Promised yourself you'd go vegan? Looking for some inspiration? Spend a few hours scrolling through these motivational vegan Montreal Instagrams.
19. On October 22, treat yourself to a free movie, courtesy of Cineplex's Community Day.
20. As the beautiful fall foliage settles in, check out the Plateau's very own love lock fence.
21. Cactus lover? On October 3 - 4, bask in all the glorious cacti at UQAM's cactus sale.
22. On October 29, get your spook on and check out the Montreal Zombie Walk, starting at Place Des Festivals.
23. Afterwards, head out to Espace Georges-Emile Lapalme for Anas Hassouna's comedy show, as part of the Festival Du Monde Arabe De Montreal.
24. Throughout the month, explore Old Montreal's Marche Des Eclusiers and discover the best of local produce.
25. On October 14, check out the Parole Libre event at the Ruelle De La Sala Rossa, as part of the Festival Phenomena.
26. Ever wondered what Quidditch IRL would look like? Go attend a Montreal quidditch open practise, put on by McGill's Quidditch Club.
27. At some point during October, get yourself to Mount Royal's Beaver Lake.
28. Admire all the gorgeous fall foliage, and Snapchat as many beautiful trees as you can.
29. Stroll through Jean-Talon Market and see all the bright, beautiful pumpkins.
30. On October 13, check out the "Bulls On Parade" Pit Bull fundraising event.
31. Throughout the month, check out the Capturing The Moment photo exhibition in the Promenades Des Artistes.
32. Film buff? Check out the premier of the film The Fourth Phase at the Phi Centre on October 2.
33. Or else, check out the Not Short On Talent short film exhibit at the Phi Centre, on throughout the month.
35. On October 19, get to Avanti Le Spa for their Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day/"Pamper Me Pink" breast cancer awareness event.
36. Head on over to the Lachine Museum to discover some seriously cool art and culture, all for free.
37. On October 7, check out this pop up art show supporting women's rights at Mayfair. Free entrance, but a donation is welcome.
38. On the same day, swing by the Olympic Stadium for the very last First Friday food truck event for the year.
39. Every Thursday after 5:30, check out the exhibits at the Canadian Centre For Architecture for free.
40. Live music lover? Get yourself to La Sala Rossa and catch Mr. Walter for free on October 7.
41. On the last Sunday of the month (so, the 30th), cop yourself a free visit to Montreal's Museum Of Fine Arts.
42. Enjoy a visit to Montreal's McCord Museum, free every Wednesday evening.
Add mtlblog on Snapchat.