The last weekend of February is finally upon us and spring finally feels right around the corner!
There are a lot of great things happening in the city as everyone gears up for Nuit Blanche. But until then, perhaps you want to take in a ballet, or catch an outdoor symphony!
Well, we've got a bunch of great Montreal events happening this weekend, including a couple ways to celebrate Black History Month with amazing musical shows.
TL;DR It's not always easy to find things to do in the city, so we're here to help out. Whether you want a fun free way to get outside or you're looking for some of Montreal's best music and culture, look no further, your weekend awaits. Below!
Be sure to tag us @MTLblog on Instagram if visit any of the awesome Montreal events below! We always love to know what's going on in our great city.
1. Take in the 360° Night Sky show at the Planetarium
Where: Planetarium Rio Tinto Alcan, 4801, avenue Pierre-De Coubertin
When: English shows - Thursday, Saturday & Sunday: 4:30 PM. Friday: 4:30 PM & 9 PM. Shows also available in French.
2. Check out the many light shows at SAT Montreal
Where: Societe des Arts Technologiques, 1201 Saint-Laurent
When: Thursday, February 21 & Friday, February 22 @ 7 PM
3. Check out Montreal's newest Vegan fast-food restaurant
Where: Code Vert, 1216 Bishop Street
When: 7 AM to 10 PM Monday-Wednesday and 8 AM-10 PM on the weekend.
4. Sled or toboggan by the Beaver Lake Pavillion on Mont Royal
Where: Lac aux Castors / Beaver Lake Pavilion, 200 chemin Rememberance
When: Whenever your heart desires! For tubing and rentals, see the link below
5. See the Polish National Ballet perform Swan Lake
Where: Salle Wilfred-Pelletier, Place-des-Arts, 175 Saint-Catherine St O
When: February 21st to March 2nd, 2019 at various times.
6. Explore "Into the Wonder Room" Exhibition of cabinets of curiosity at Pointe-à-Callière
Where: Pointe-à-Callière Archaeology and History Complex, 350 Place Royale
When: Saturday and Sunday, 11pm – 5pm
7. Celebrate Black History Month with Soirée Afro-Latino
Where: Club Copacabana, 1469 Crescent
When: Friday, February 22nd 2019, from 10PM to 3AM.
8. Celebrate Black History Month with The Best of Soul, Motown and Jazz: A Tribute to the Great Legends
Where: Le Balcon Cabaret, 463 Sainte-Catherine O
When: Friday, February 22nd@ 8:30-10:30PM.