The month of love and Black history is finally upon us! Ignore the groundhogs, spring is just around the corner!
But until then, take in some of the fantastic indoor and outdoor activities we've compiled for you to enjoy this weekend in Montreal.
TL;DR Listed below are 8 things to do this weekend in Montreal. Below each item, you'll find links to relevant information.
It's not always easy to pull yourself out of the coziness of your bed or couch when the weather is as harsh as it has been in Montreal these past couple days. But if the motivation of a great event is there, it becomes a lot easier.
So hopefully, there is something for you on this list to break up the winter blues!
Be safe and stay warm Montreal!
1. Try out dogsledding and axe throwing at Fête des Neiges
Where: Parc Jean-Drapeau – métro Jean-Drapeau
When: February 8th – February 10th 2019
2. Take in the 2019 Chinese New Year Gala with performances by over 100 artists of the Hua Xing Artistic Troupe (including former Cirque du Soleil performers)
Where: Theatre Maisonneuve, 260 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O.
When: February 9th, 2019
3. Play around with larger-than-life winter games at Jeux d’hiver in the Olympic Park
Where: A 5-minute walk from Viau metro station (green line) beside the Olympic Stadium
When: Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., January 26 to March 3. As well as every day from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during March break (4th-9th).
4. Get your inner Phil Collins on at The Music Box's Genesis Extravaganza
Where: Place des Arts, 175 rue Ste-Catherine O
When: Saturday, February 9th at 8 P.M.
5. Do the two-day "Mindfulness and Watercolour Painting" workshop at the Museum of Fine Arts
Where: Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 2200 Crescent Street
When: Saturday and Sunday, February 9 and 10 from 9:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
6. Dance the night away at "A Night of Soul, Motown and Disco" with Meredith & The Soul Marshalls
Where: Le Balcon, 462 Sainte-Catherine O
When: Saturday, February 9th from 8:30 P.M. to 10:30 P.M.
7. Celebrate Black History Month with The Jamaica Association of Montreal's tribute to Bob Marley
Where: Jamaica Association, 4065 rue Jean-Talon O
When: Saturday, February 9th at 9 P.M. until 3 A.M.
8. Celebrate Black History Month by seeing the play "Blackout: the Concordia Computer
Where: D.B. Clarke Theatre, Concordia University (Pavillion Henry F.Hall Bldg) 1455 Boulevard de Maisonneuve O
When: Saturday, February 9th at 8 P.M and Sunday, February 10th at 2 P.M.