Hey Montreal, hope everyone is staying safe — and mostly indoors — today. The weather conditions are real out there. What started out to be a week of fluffy light snow has now turned into a total winter disaster. Nothing is worse than extreme fluctuating temperatures in the dead of winter.
However, don't think that this storm means your weekend is ruined. If you plan on actually venturing out this weekend, there are still lots of winter events happening around the city!
I do recommend, however, that you stay tuned to each respective event page to make sure there won't be any weather related cancellations. For example, last week Fetes Des Neiges was cancelled due to extreme cold temperature.
That said, have a great weekend Montreal, and drive safe!
1. Book a table for Happening Gourmand, a city-wide food festival!
Where: Old Port // Participating Restaurants (see more info)
When: January 10th – February 3rd
2. Check out outdoor winter festival "Fête Des Neiges" at Parc Jean Drapeau
Where: Parc Jean Drapeau // Metro Jean Drapeau
When: January 19 to February 10 // Saturdays & Sundays from 10am-5pm
3. Escape the cold and enjoy some exciting indoor activities at Action 5000
Where: Action 500 // Three locations: Hochelaga, Laval, & Dorval
When: Open 24 hours a day!
4. Check out the second weekend of Igloofest Montreal!
Where: Quai Jacques Cartier // Old Port
When: January 17th – February 2nd
5. Check out immersive short films at SAT Fest 2019
Where: Société des arts technologiques [SAT] 1201, Boul. Saint-Laurent
When: January 9th – February 10th // 7pm
6. Hunt for treasure at a Vintage clothing sale in the Plateau
Where: 15 Rue Prince-Arthur E
When: Sunday, January 27, 2019 // 12 PM – 6 PM
7. Escape the horrible weather and check out some Oscar nominated films in theatres this weekend
Where: Select theatres across Montreal
8. Beat the winter blues and indulge in Montreal's best winter comfort food
Where: Select restaurants, see link below