Once the summer season rolls around, Montreal truly becomes alive. And I'm not just talking about the fact that everyone comes out of the woodwork to chill on terrasses and in parks, I'm referring to the vast array of events that take over the city all throughout the summer season.
Truly, there is something new to do every day in this city come summertime, and if you need proof, here it is. With our list of 35 things to do in Montreal this summer, you'll have no shortage of activities to enjoy with friends and loved ones from June to September.
Get excited everyone, because summer is nearly here.
1. Take a stroll under the 200,000 pink balls above the Gay Village on Sainte-Catherine Street during Aire Libre
2. Then get even more steps in with a lively walk up Mount Royal!
4. Tear up the dance floor when Mutek takes over Montreal (June 1st-5th)
5. Enjoy the sun and a cocktail outside at the lovely Jardin Gamelin
6. Grab a beer and head to one of Montreal's amazing parks (thank God for the Picnic Law)
7. Sip on a wide array of brews during the annual Mondial de la bière festival (June 8th to 12th)
9. Then check out all the new ones being created for Mural Fest (June 9th-16th)
11. Listen to the best live acts around at Les FrancoFolies de Montréal (June 9th-16th)
12. Take in all the energy that is Grand Prix weekend from June 10th to 12th
13. And be sure to check out the amazing sidewalk sale on Saint Laurent on the weekend too!
14. Chill out at Mount Royal park for Tam Tams every Sunday
15. Or dance it up at Piknic Electronik on Sundays 'til September 7th
17. Celebrate some provincial pride on June 24th for Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day
18. Celebrate Canada Day! Or, you know, enjoy Moving Day
20. Gaze upon a colour-filled night sky every Saturday during the International des feux Loto-Québec (July 1st-August 1st)
21. Get a little geeky at Montreal's Comiccon(July 8th-10th)
22. Traverse the city on your bike and roll through Montreal's many bike paths
23. Bet on your favourite team for the annual Montreal Dragon Boat Race (July 9th-10th)
24. Laugh your heart out at the Festival Juste Pour Rire (July 13th-31st)
25. Celebrate Caribbean culture at the annual Carifiesta parade (July 2nd)
26. Discover cultures from around the world at Parc Jean-Drapeau's Week-ends du Monde (July 4th & 11th weekends)
28. Lose yourself in the summer magic that is the Osheaga Music Festival (July 29th-31st)
29. Head to Parc Jean-Drapeau for the IleSoniq music festival (August 5th & 6th)
30. Rock out (with your socks out) at Heavy MTL (August 6th- & 7th)
31. Live your anime love at the Otakuthon anime festival (August 5th-7th)
33. Be proud to be Italian (or just pretend for the food) during Montreal Italian Week (August 7th-16th)
34. Party and show your pride at Fierté Montréal (August 8th-14th)
35. Watch street artists in action at Under Pressure (August 10th-15th)
Add mtlblog on Snapchat.