Do These 7 Easy Things Every Morning To Become A Healthier Person
Photo cred - favim
Unless you're going to do something tonight that you'll regret in the morning, sleep late. Otherwise, it's time to set your alarm earlier and get cracking (literally). Inc Magazine found that the most successful people were more proactive and productive in the morning than those who claim they are "night owls". By setting the tone for success, you are also setting the tone to be happy and healthy.
Here are some things you can do daily to improve your overall health:
1. Drink warm lemon water upon awakening. It revitalizes and replenishes your organs.
2. Don't look at your phone until you've been up for at least an hour or two. Once you look at e-mails and such, you are immediately placed on someone else's time.
3. Stretch. Do a miniature yoga session, light workout, or go for a walk. This releases endorphins, dopamine, and helps natural production of serotonin.
4. Eat breakfast. Most healthy people eat breakfast to boost brain power to get them ready for the day ahead.
5. Plan out a To-Do list, with the top 5 being priority. This helps monitor stress.
6. Have coffee. Brewing your own cup provides antioxidant benefits.
7. Do something for yourself. If you take the time to make yourself breakfast, or take time to read your favourite book it will give you a more positive spin on things. Basically, the idea behind this is you have more time to visualize your day - this sense of visualization invigorates positive thinking.
P.S. Why don't you try and wake up 20 minutes earlier and give one of these a try?