Photo cred - WeHeartIt
What's the best way to help a hangover? Brunch, obviously. But what's the best way to totally cure a hangover? Well, that's be drunch, the magical fusion of drinking and the meal of brunch. Food and alcohol take away your hangover pains, filling you up and making your head start throbbing with some pain-relieving drank. Brunch spots are everywhere in Montreal, but drunch isn't quite so widespread. If you've never drunch'd, or if you're looking for a new spot to mack on some mimosas and eggs, below are Montreal's drunk brunch locations. Props to Thrillist for providing most of the info. All of these spots serve a wicked brunch and have a full bar, or a drunch drink menu. Read on and find your spot.
1. À La Fine Pointe
- 1791 Centre (map)
- Gotta order the 2 eggs + poutine + Heineken for the ultimate Montreal drunch.
- 93 Mont-Royal West (map)
- Yes, Beauty's has a drink menu, making the brunch staple fully drunch-able.
3. Griffintown Café
- 1378 Notre Dame West (map)
- Get a Canadian breakfast plate with some Canadian beer.
4. Nouveau Palais
- 281 Bernard West (map)
- All-star chicken and waffles with a mimosa or Caesar is the way to start your day.
5. Byblos Le Petit Café
- 1499 Laurier East (map)
- Famous for their feta omelette, which will go great with a beer, as does everything.
7. Resto Biarritz
- 4801St. Laurent (map)
- A fanciful brunch feast with a few mimosas sounds good to us.
8. L'Atelier d'Argentine
- 355 Marguerite d'Youville (map)
- Bottomless Bloody Mary for $19. Not a Caesar, but we'll take it.
- 25 Fairmount West (map)
- Like you needed another reason to go eat a breakfast poutine anyway.
10. Birks Café By Europea
- 1240 Place Philips (map)
- This is like a real breakfast at Tiffany's, just with mimosas in the mix.
- 112 Bernard West (map)
- Known for their wide drink menu, which also includes mimosas, peach bellinis, and a sexy list of Caesars.
12. Terrasses Bonsecours' Boozy Brunch Sundays
13. Lili Co.
- 4650 Mentana (map)
- Weirdly awesome dishes (octopus club sandwich!) and equally exciting drinks like the Early Gin or Pink Lemonade.
- 5201 St. Laurent (map)
- Standard drunch beverages are here, as are more exotic fair like the Aperol Spritz or apple mimosa.
15. Ye Olde Orchard
- Multiple locations (map)
- Full and hearty breakfasts (that are truly tasty) and all the beer you could want.
16. Régine Café
- 1840 Beaubien East (map)
- Régine Café's brunch with serious flair is well paired with a Caesar.
- 922 Mont-Royal (map)
- A boozy pitcher of their sangria will make sure you really enjoy your food.
18. Le Cartet
- 106 McGill (map)
- Mimosas are their only drunch drank, but their legit menu more than makes up for it.
19. Le Passé Composé
- 950 Roy East (map)
- Come with a friend and get the two-for-$13 mimosa deal...or just order two for yourself.
20. Royal Phoenix
- 5788 St. Laurent (map)
- Bacon Bloody Caesars, 'nuff said.
21. Restaurant Santa Barbara
- 6696 Saint Vallier (map)
- Always rocking creative cocktails, Santa Barbara does up it just as nice for brunch.
22. Burgundy Lion
- 2496 Notre-Dame West (map)
- The White & Red Eye is what to get, a beer-cocktail with beer, tomato juice, vodka and a whole egg. Don't knock it 'til you try it.
23. Ma-Am-M Bolduc
- 4351 de Lorimier (map)
- Beer, wine, cocktails, and alcoholic coffees are all on board to get you drunch'd.
- 3581 St. Laurent (map)
- Mothertruckin' endless mimosas, awww yeahhhh.
26. Les Enfants Terribles
- 1257 Bernard (map)
- Do it up a little fancy with a grapefruit zest-infused Apérol Spritz.
- 9 Duluth East (map)
- Very reasonable mimosas for only $5.
28. Brasserie Central
- 4858 Sherbrooke West (map)
- The Central Bloody Caesar includes the enticing additions of chipotle and serrano ham, and their other cocktails are just as cool.
- 5674 Monkland (map)
- You got your mimosas and Caesars, and also all the beer, wine, and cocktails you would normally get.
- Multiple Locations (map)
- Add some booze to your favourite smoothies.
Bonus 1 : El Mundo
- 3500 Parc (map)
- This cafe has enough food to qualify as a resto, along with a fully stocked bar to drunch-out on.
Bonus 2 : Restaurant Mesón
- 345 rue Villeray (map)
- Get your morning drink on with a Spanish flavor and twist, this is a fine Montreal brunch gem.
Where will you be getting drunch?
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte