I don't know why, but Thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays. I guess maybe it's because it's in the fall (AKA the world's best season), or maybe because it's practice for Christmas. Either way, Thanksgiving is awesome.
It's so awesome, in fact, that it also just so happens to be a day off. Which is great for those of us needing a day off from work, school, or life, and for those of us who just need some extra time to get shit done.
And if you're wondering what's open in Montreal on October 10, 2016 (AKA Thanksgiving Day), then no worries. I've got your back.
- The SAQ
- Most pharmacies
- Movie theatres
- The casino and La Ronde
- Outdoor markets (like Jean-Talon and Atwater Markets)
- Garbage pickup should mostly continue as normal
- AMT trains will run on weekend schedules (check the website for more information)
- The Insectarium, Botanical Gardens, Science Centre, Biodome, and Planetarium will remain open
- The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and Pointe-à-Callière Museum will remain open
- Most government (federal and provincial) offices
- Municipal courts and most city offices
- Some grocery stores
- Some restaurants (make sure to call ahead to make sure)
- Retail stores (like IKEA, Wal Mart, etc)