8 Great Health Benefits Of Eating Cucumbers Everyday
Cucumbers are delicious in sandwiches, in salads, as a snack, salted, pickled, you name it. They are fairly inexpensive and can be grown in our own backyard during the summer and fall months. They’re also commonly mistaken as a vegetable but by technicality are actually a fruit. Cucumbers add tons of health benefits, can lavish your skin and hair, and even reduce risk of diseases and cancers. More even, it is regarded as on of the world's healthiest foods.
Here are some cucumber benefits:
1. Cucumbers are a great source of B-Vitamins which help reduce the intensity of a hangover.
2. Since cucumbers are filled with silicon and sulfur they stimulate hair growth. Cucumbers can also provide healthy skin since they filled with Vitamin C and its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffy eyes. This requires direct placement on the surface of the skin.
3. According to World’s Healthiest Foods, cucumbers have shown to contain flavonoids, lignans, and triterpenes. Each of these are phytonutrients that provide the unique combination of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Lignans such as lariciresinol, piinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol (try saying that really fast three times) are the foundation of its anti-cancer properties and why cucumbers over the recent years have been praised.
4. Not only are cucumbers beneficial to your overall well being but for immediate effectiveness, cucumbers can be used as a breath freshener. Having a slice of cucumber placed in your mouth for 30-45 seconds can allow the cucumber to kill off bacteria responsible for bad breath.
5. Cucumbers are very high in water and fiber and are extremely low in calories. The high water content allows you to achieve a feeling full effect which enables weight-loss; and the high fiber aids digestion. Women who have issues with digestion should incorporate cucumbers in their daily diet as a remedy for poor bowel movements.
6. Sterol is a hormone found in cucumbers that can reduce bad cholesterol and help in treating both high and low blood pressures.
7. Since cucumber is an excellent source of silica (which is what strengthens the connective tissue in your joints), it can relieve arthritis pain.
8. As obvious as it is, it is still the most beneficial – cucumbers are 95% water which keep your body hydrated and help eliminate toxins. Cucumbers have the most vitamins in a single serving that you require daily. Start incorporating cucumbers as a mid-afternoon snack and/or with lunch and dinners. My person favourite is adding cucumber and mint to my water.