Our comment section is a place to promote self-expression, freedom of speech and positivity. We encourage discussion and debate, but our pages must remain a safe space where everyone feels comfortable and the environment is respectful.
In order to make this possible, we monitor comments to keep spam, hate speech, violence, and vulgarity off our pages. Comments are moderated according to our Participation Guidelines, detailed below.
Please note that Narcity Media does not endorse the opinions expressed in the comment section of an article. Narcity Media has the right to remove comments, ban or suspend any user without notice, or close a story’s comment section at any time.
First and last names will appear with each comment and the use of pseudonyms is prohibited. By commenting, you acknowledge that Narcity Media has the right to use & distribute your content across our properties.
- Be respectful: Personal attacks, harassment, threats or insults directed towards the article author, subject of the article, or other users will not be tolerated.
- Hate speech: Any comment that encourages violence or targets someone based on their race, ethnicity, religion, political views, physical ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc. is strictly prohibited. Diversity and inclusion is a part of Narcity’s DNA, and we want our community to know that we do not tolerate this behavior.
- Vulgarity & explicit content: Comments containing vulgar words and imagery will be removed.
- Libel & defamation: Any comments that are libelous and defamatory in nature, or violate any laws, will be removed.
- Spam, advertising & bots: Users posting spam will be restricted and comments will be deleted.
- Links: Any comments containing links to inappropriate content will be removed.
- Safety: We strongly recommend that you do not post personal information in order to maintain your own safety while participating in our online community.
- Reporting a violation: To report a violation of these guidelines, use the “Flag” button which can be found on the right-hand side of each individual comment. Our moderators will then review the comment and take any necessary action.
Thank you for participating in our community!
Narcity Media Community Guidelines Specific to Narcity & MTL Blog Social Media Channels
The following guidelines outline Narcity Media’s approach to moderating our community engagement across any and all of its social media channels. Our social media and content teams use these guidelines to moderate discussion, engagement and comments across our social media pages on all platforms.
Narcity Media does not endorse the opinions expressed in the comment sections of our social media pages. Narcity Media has the right to remove comments, block or report any user without notice, or close a comment section at any time.
By commenting, you acknowledge that Narcity Media has the right to use and distribute your content across our properties including, but not limited to, Narcity.com and social media channels.
For moderation guidelines on Meta properties (Facebook & Instagram), Narcity Media adheres to the community standards set out by Meta on their website: https://transparency.fb.com/policies/community-standards/
Narcity Media puts community and employee safety first. We will not tolerate any comments involving violence, criminal behaviour or any content it deems objectionable. We will not tolerate breaches of integrity and authenticity and adhere to respecting intellectual property rights where possible and applicable.
Narcity Media is also a partner of Amplify.ai and uses their AI-driven Comment Moderation solution for Facebook and Instagram to support our efforts in community management.
Narcity Media staff members may also moderate content manually, adhering to the guidelines herewith and using their best judgement when they deem comments are in violation of our community guidelines.
Due to the volume of engagement and comments on Narcity Media social media channels, it is possible that not all comments will be monitored and that comments which violate these guidelines may remain online or slip through tracking technologies, AI and human moderation.
Narcity Media’s full Editorial Standards can be found on Narcity.com.
Narcity Media Community Guidelines specific to on-site engagement can be found on Narcity.com.
A note on Branded and Sponsored Content
Narcity Media firmly believes that expression of opinion is integral to its operations, as long as it does not conflict with the guidelines articulated here.
Narcity Media will moderate community engagement and discussion on Branded and Sponsored content accordingly, bound by the aforementioned guidelines. However, Narcity Media will not close comment sections on Branded and Sponsored content should expressions of opinion seemingly conflict with a Brand’s image or offering. Narcity Media reserves all rights to determine this on its own terms.