The Festival International de Jazz de Montréal (FIJM; Montreal Jazz Festival) has released its 2023 lineup. Attendees can expect a 10-day extravaganza "jam packed with gems" says festival programming director Maurin Auxéméry.
"It sounds cliché in the festival world, but it's worth saying because it's so true: we are incredibly proud to present a truly balanced program," he said in a press release.
"Jazz from the 21st century is changing and mutating, drawing on other musical styles, and our programming reflects this refreshing change. Jazz lovers are becoming more diversified, new generations are tuning in, and we couldn't be happier."
Organizers say jazz will be "more prominent than ever" for the 43rd edition of the renowned event, with "many established artists" making their FIJM debut.
The full lineup includes over 100 acts. Among the headliners are George Benson, Melody Gardot, Buddy Guy, Herbie Hancock, Diana Krall, Robert Plant and Alison Krause. The festival programming team also highlights the participation of BADBADNOTGOOD, Jean-Michel Blais, Anouar Brahem Quartet, Christine and the Queens, Ukrainian group DakhaBrakha, the Hermanos Gutiérrez, Samara Joy, Natalia Lafourcade, Endea Owens and The Cookout, Danielle Ponder, Thundercat, and Chucho Valdés.
Tickets are set to go on sale at 10 a.m. on Thursday, April 6.
But there will also be free shows at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. every day of the festival. Participating artists include CARRTOONS & Friends, Theon Cross, Naïssam Jalal, Oscar Jerome, Gentiane MG, Mali Obomsawin, Elise Trouw, and Brandee Younger.
Vance Joy will also give a free-to-attend performance on Sunday, July 2.
Get a summary of the details below.
Montreal Jazz Festival 2023
Tickets: set to go on sale at 10 a.m. on Thursday, April 6
Where: Quartier des Spectacles, Montreal
When: June 29 to July 8, 2023
- Montreal Is Hosting A 'Japan Week' This Spring & There Will Be A Shiba Inu Dog Party ›
- Festival Metro Metro Is Returning Next Year & They Already Dropped The Dates ›
- Montreal Latin Music Festival Fuego Fuego Has Released Its Full 2023 Lineup ›
- Piknic Électronik Revealed Its 2023 Lineup With Deborah de Luca, TOKiMONSTA & More - MTL Blog ›
- This Quebec Summer Festival Combines Hot Poutine & Hot Headliners — All For $45 For 2 Days - MTL Blog ›
- Canada's Biggest Food Truck Festival Is Coming Back To Montreal This Summer — Bigger Than Ever - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Old Port's Grand PoutineFest Is Back This Year With A New Beer Zone - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Is Hosting A Huge Japanese Culture & Street Food Festival With 30+ Vendors This June - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal Is Getting A New 4-Day Vietnamese Night Market With 20+ Vendors This June - MTL Blog ›
- Montreal MURAL Fest 2023 Includes A Giant Artwork ON Mount Royal - MTL Blog ›
- All The Free Shows You Can See At Parc La Fontaine's Outdoor Théâtre de Verdure This Summer - MTL Blog ›
- 5 Montreal Food Festivals Coming To The Old Port This Summer - MTL Blog ›
- An Epic Streetfood Festival Is Returning To Montreal's Old Port With Dishes Starting At $3 - MTL Blog ›