According to the latest numbers from the Institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ), published on June 1, today marks the lowest increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Quebec since March 28. Way back then, the province recorded 342 new cases. The number of confirmed cases hasn't decreased past 350 per day since then.

On Monday, the province recorded 295 new cases of the virus, for a total of 51,354 cases. There were also fewer hospitalizations and deaths than in the past few weeks. 

Despite the major decrease, Premier François Legault, sporting a mask during the press conference today, reminded Quebecers that "the battle isn't over yet." 

Montreal still remains the hardest-hit region in the province, with 25,545 confirmed cases as of June 1. 

Another wave of reopenings happened on Monday, with camping, boating, and some personal care services including dentists, psychologists, and optometrists welcoming back customers across the province. 

In Montreal, personal care services are planning to reopen as of June 15. This includes hairdressers, nail salons, and tattoo parlours.

Here's a graph showing the rise in cases in Quebec since the beginning of the pandemic.

During the public briefing on June 1, Dr. Horacio Arruda told us that the numbers are going in the right direction.

In Santé Québec's most recent Twitter update, we are told that over 12,000 tests were conducted on Saturday, May 30.

We also learn that, since the beginning of the pandemic, 399,497 individuals in Quebec have tested negative for COVID-19.

A full breakdown of the case count in each Quebec region as of June 1 is available below.

Dr. Arruda mentioned that the situation has been, and continues to be, different in Montreal than in the rest of the province.

It remains the epicentre for the virus in the province.

Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications