Health Minister Christian Dubé made an appearance on the Quebec talk show Tout le monde en parle during the evening of Sunday, September 27. During this time, he expressed the belief that Montreal and Quebec City will likely be moving from "orange alert" to "red alert" in the "upcoming days."

Dubé said that during the last week, we've seen an "explosion of cases" in Quebec.

Editor's Choice: Here's What It Could Look Like If Quebec Regions Moved Into 'Red Alert'

Montreal and Quebec City … are very, very close to becoming a red zone.

Christian Dubé 

While cases in many regions have been on the rise, the health minister specified that Montreal and Quebec City are the "biggest challenge" right now.

It was also mentioned that the official announcement of these two regions moving into red should be made sometime this week.

The government, as Dubé put it, will be asking Quebecers to make "social sacrifices" because "the next 28 days will be difficult."

When asked what a "red alert" could mean for these two regions, Dubé responded that the goal would be to ensure that children can still go to school and parents could go to work during this time.

"There will be difficult decisions for bars and restaurants, let's not hide it," he explained.

The minister said the measures are still being finalized, but that the government is going to be telling people to "stay home."

Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications