Quebec Has Reserved Jobs For Newcomers Of Visible & Ethnic Minorities, Here's How To Apply
These jobs are meant to help immigrants "gain their first work experience in Quebec in their field of expertise."
Thecurrently has a list of available reserved for of visible or ethnic minorities, as part of its "employment integration measure for newcomers who are members of visible and ethnic minorities."
Suchare meant to help immigrants "gain their first work experience in Quebec in their field of expertise."
These are one-year positions, which the government says can then lead to "the opportunity to participate in a qualification process for the job class of the job held through the measure, which could lead to regular or casual employment in the public service."
To be able to apply for one of these career opportunities, one must:
- be a member of a visible or ethnic minority;
- have obtained permanent resident status less than 5 years ago;
- have less than 1 year of Canadian work experience in a job that matches your qualifications;
- meet the admission requirements for the job offered;
- have a knowledge of French appropriate to the duties.
For more detailed information, you can visit the government's "determining your eligibility" webpage.
If you meet these criteria, go ahead and check out the government's list of job offers that are currently available for you at the moment.
Applications must be submitted by November 23 at 11:59 p.m.