As measures intensify to manage the third wave of COVID-19 in Quebec, many of us are wondering if we'll ever return back to normal. Premier François Legault, however, is optimistic that we'll return to a "certain normalcy" by June 24.
In a press conference on April 15, the premier outlined three specific reasons that will help the province achieve its goals: the end of school, vaccinations, and the arrival of summer heat.
Legault admitted that "schools are a place of contagion," but that the end of the school year is likely to contribute to reducing the spread of the virus.
As for vaccinations, the government is still holding fast to its goal of getting the first dose of the vaccine to anyone who wants it by Saint-Jean Baptiste and the premier hopes that this will be a major factor in our return to normal.
Finally, he concluded by saying that "the warmth will come with summer," which he said could reduce the risk of contagion.
At a press conference on Thursday, Premier François Legault, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and several other government representatives announced huge new investments into Canada's aerospace industry. These investments are set to create "more than 1,000" high-paying jobs in Quebec and the rest of Canada.
"The projects announced today are tangible platforms for creating exciting jobs," Aéro Montréal explained in a press release.
The first Ocean line train of 2021 will depart Halifax on August 11 and Montreal on August 15.
"As it had been done for the other VIA Rail services, the return to operation will occur progressively beginning with one weekly round trip," the company said in a press release.
"To follow and respect guidelines and recommendations from public health authorities and provincial governments, we could not provide our passengers the service and frequencies offered under normal circumstances," VIA Rail CEO Cynthia Garneau stated.
"Our objective has always been the safe resumption of the Ocean when conditions allowed it, and we could not be happier to be able to finally proceed with this gradual return to service in this region."
Chief Delorme said the Cowessess First Nation began searching for the unmarked graves using ground-penetrating radar on June 2, after years of survival stories about the "school" were exchanged by members of the First Nation community.