Plante Says All Montreal Essential Workers Will 'Soon' Be Able To Book A 1st Vaccine Dose
"The vaccination will soon be extended to the chronically ill and essential workers," Plante wrote on Twitter.
La vaccination sera bientôt élargie aux malades chroniques et aux travailleurs essentiels. De nouvelles cliniques o… https://t.co/NhgZkdKicd— Valérie Plante (@Valérie Plante) 1617746202.0
She further added, "New clinics are opening in Montreal. We must continue to accelerate the pace of vaccination."
Along with a reminder that "The situation is fragile. We continue to be careful to save lives."
The mayor did not specify when exactly these groups of people will be able to book their first appointments, but we can expect such to happen shortly according to Quebec's COVID-19 vaccination campaign.
What order is Montreal giving out first vaccine doses?
Montreal is following the province-wide vaccination order, which is as follows:
- Vulnerable people and people with a significant loss of autonomy who live in residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs) or in intermediate and family-type resources (RI‑RTFs);
- Workers in the health and social services network who have contact with users;
- Autonomous or semi-autonomous people who live in private seniors' homes (RPAs) or in certain closed residential facilities for older adults;
- Isolated and remote communities;
- People 80 years of age or older;
- People 70 to 79 years of age;
- People 60 to 69 years of age;
- Adults under 60 years of age who have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications of COVID‑19;
- Adults under 60 years of age who do not have a chronic disease or health problem that increases the risk of complications, but who provide essential services and have contact with users;
- The rest of the adult population.
Montreal is currently at step seven, and Plante's tweet tells us that the city will "soon" be moving into steps eight and nine.
When will everyone else get their first vaccination appointment in Montreal, if they haven't yet?
With Montreal about to move into stages eight and nine of Quebec's vaccination order, according to Plante, that means the "rest of the adult population" will be next on the list.
While it's not certain when stage 10 will begin, Premier François Legault has promised that any Quebecer who wants to be vaccinated will receive their first dose by June 24.