Revenu Québec Shared An Important Tip For Declaring CERB On Your Taxes This Year

We'll take all the help we can get!
Revenu Québec Shared An Important Tip For Declaring CERB On Your Taxes This Year

Tax jargon got you down? Revenu Québec has a tip that could help you declare CERB and other COVID-19 benefits when you do your taxes this year, especially if you do them manually.

If you received the federal government's COVID-19 benefits for 2020, you might be wondering whether you have to pay them back, as well as what you need to declare on your income tax in Quebec.  

Editor's Choice: Videotron Is Hiring Call Centre Agents At $17.71/Hr & You Only Need A High School Diploma

Revenu Québec's website clarifies that if you received the following federal government benefits related to COVID-19 in 2020, the amount you received should be in Box O of your Relevé 1 (RL-1) form: 

  • Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)

  • Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)

  • Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)

  • Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)

  • Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)

You should declare the same amount — the total of the benefits you received — on lines 154 and 169 of your provincial income tax package.

If you're doing your taxes online, these lines will automatically be filled out for you by entering your T4A and RL-1 slips. 

Using online software to file your taxes like TurboTax or UFile is the way to go if you really want to streamline the process and make your life easier.

For your federal income taxes from the Canada Revenue Agency, report the amount of your COVID-19 benefits on your T4A slip on line 13000 of your income tax return.

Both the federal and provincial revenue agencies will send you tax slips for the government benefits you received by March 10

Recommended For You