Quebec Regions Were Ranked By Alcohol Use & Here's Who Drinks The Most
The most moderate drinkers got an actual trophy.
Éduc'alcool, an independent organization that encourages moderate drinking, found that Mauricie had the highest rate of excessive drinking in 2021 while Outaouais had the lowest rate of excessive drinking in the province this year. Nord-du-Québec was not included in the survey.
This means the mayor of Gatineau gets to keep "The Éduc'alcool Moderation Trophy" at City Hall until the next survey takes place in two years.
Here's the full list going from most moderate drinkers to most excessive drinkers:
- Laval and Centre-du-Québec
- Gaspésie-Iles–de-la-Madeleine and Chaudière-Appalaches
- Estrie and Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Lanaudière, Laurentides, Capitale-Nationale and Montérégie
- SaguenayLac-Saint-Jean and Côte-Nord
"This survey, which we have been conducting every two years since 2015, is not intended as a competition. It is designed to take a snapshot of drinking across Quebec and highlight the situation in each region," said Hubert Sacy, Éduc'alcool's director general, in a statement.
"We hope it will lead all Quebecers, wherever they live, to reflect upon their drinking habits and modify them, as needed."
In Montreal, people drink most in bars or while gambling, according to the survey. The survey also found that Montreal has the highest percentage of Quebecers whose drinking has had a negative impact on their friendships, social lives and family lives.
Montrealers are also most likely to mix alcohol with weed, along with folks in Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean and Chaudière-Appalaches.
- Les Guinguettes de Montréal's New Terrasse Is Now Open ... ›
- Terrasse newHaüs Is A New Rooftop Bar In Montreal (PHOTOS ... ›
- Montreal's Surreal Terrasse & Twisting Table Will Make You Feel ... ›
- A Montreal Survey Reveals Who Drinks More Alcohol: Francophones Or Anglophones - MTL Blog ›
- Excessive Drinking Has Increased In Quebec Because We Can Actually Go Out & Do Stuff Now - MTL Blog ›
- Here's Which Quebec Regions Quebecers Ditched & Moved To The Most Between 2020 And 2021 - MTL Blog ›