His party says it wants to make Montreal an "animal-friendly city."
Denis Coderre has promised not to ban pit bulls and other specific dog breeds if he becomes mayor once again.
The Ensemble Montréal platform has pledged to make Montreal an "animal-friendly city," among other things.
Vivre-ensemble 🤝 Accessibilité au logement 🏘️ Arts et culture 🎭 🎵 🎨 Mobilité 🚲 🚇 🚗 🚶 Durabilité et écologie 💚 Moder… https://t.co/IYi5ua4Gnt— Ensemble Montréal - Équipe Denis Coderre (@Ensemble Montréal - Équipe Denis Coderre) 1632777518.0
Now, five years later, Coderre seems to have had a change of heart about pit bulls. He has reportedly called the 2016 measure a "mistake."
As part of its pledge to make the city more animal-friendly, Ensemble Montréal has offered three commitments:
- to "create two new animal shelters in Montreal, one in the East part of the city and another in the West,"
- to "not create regulations targeting dogs based on their race,"
- and to "create a central fund to help boroughs create or redevelop dog parks."
- Denis Coderre Wants To Put More Police Officers On Mount Royal - MTL Blog ›
- Coderre Wants To Cover Montreal's Décarie Expressway With A New Park - MTL Blog ›
- The Montreal Police Could Get Hundreds More Officers If Denis Coderre Becomes Mayor - MTL Blog ›
- Denis Coderre Wants Montreal To Pay For 10% Of The Very First Home You Buy... Sort Of - MTL Blog ›
- Denis Coderre Is Quitting Politics (Again) After Getting Whooped By Valérie Plante (Again) - MTL Blog ›