Here's What We Know So Far About Yesterday's Amber Alert In Quebec
The Amber Alert issued across Quebec yesterday, searching for Dayana Di Menna, 7, and Liana Di Menna, 2 from Terrebonne, was quickly cancelled after an officer found the minors 35 minutes after the alert was sent out.
The(SQ) published a tweet at 6:09 p.m. on Sunday evening notifying citizens of the cancellation, stating "The missing child[ren] were located safe and sound."
Editor's Choice: Quebec Is Announcing New Holiday Rules Tomorrow
This Amber alert helped find the girls.
By Monday morning, all tweets related to the case had been removed from the agency's page.
"We take [them] off because it's a minor," says Officer Bernard, media officer for the Sûreté du Québec. "We cannot have information [about] minors on the internet."
Once the children have been located, the content about them gets removed.
Officer Bernard also told MTL Blog that currently, a 34-year-old woman is considered a suspect and is being interviewed about what happened with the girls.
This woman's relationship to the two minors could not yet be confirmed due to the ongoing investigation.
When asked how the girls were found, the officer says that they were found by a police officer and that the Amber Alert helped with locating the children.