On May 4, Montreal's La Ronde amusement park announced it will officially reopen its gates as of May 22. As that date fast approaches, the New Association of Bars of Quebec (NABQ) says the Quebec government's decision to permit La Ronde's reopening isn't fair to bars and restaurants in Quebec.\nIn a Facebook post published on May 4, the NABQ slammed the provincial government for its "disrespect" toward bar-owners. It said the government's reasoning for closing them last October due to customers' need to raise their voices could also be applied to the outdoor amusement park.\nEditor's Choice: You'll Be Able To Rent Cheap Boats At A New Park Project In Lachine This Summer\n\n\nQuand la Santé Publique frôle le ridicule...et l'insulte!\n\nNous sommes tous figés dans le temps depuis octobre 2020 à...Posted by NABQ on Tuesday, May 4, 2021\n"Does public health and the Quebec government sincerely believe that a gang of teenagers in the Monster at La Ronde will not scream in each other's ears and spit in each other's faces during euphoric jolts?"\nIn a May 4 press conference, Arruda said the Quebec government is "actively working" to support Quebec restaurants by exploring the possibility of reopening patios this summer.\n"You have to understand that amusement centres [...] that are outside are [governed] by different rules. Inside the establishment, [...] if there is no right to have a meal served elsewhere, there will be no meal served," he said.\nAccording to Narcity Québec, NABQ President Pierre Thibault had been in contact with Quebec's ministry of health on the issue.