Despite delays in the vaccination campaign, local officials are getting ready for a big push with three "mass vaccination centres" in Montreal.
When they're open, the three centres "will operate seven days a week, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.," according to a Monday press release from the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal.
I encourage everyone to get vaccinated as soon as they are eligible.
CIUSSS West-Central President and CEO Dr. Lawrence Rosenberg
The three centres in the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal's territory will be located at:
- the Décarie Square shopping centre — 6900, boulevard Décarie;
- an office building at 7101, avenue du Parc;
- and the Bill Durnan Arena — 4988, rue Vézina.
Appointments will be mandatory and the CIUSSS says that "members of the public will soon be able to make appointments online, through the Clic Santé platform, or by telephone."
Members of the public will be prioritized according to the following categories:
- "80 years old and up;
- "70 to 79 years old;
- "60 to 69 years old;
- "adults under 60 with a risk of complications from COVID-19;
- "essential workers and other healthcare workers;"
- and finally, "other adults."
The message from officials: get vaccinated when you can.
This article's cover image is used for illustrative purposes only.