A 65-Year-Old Was Stabbed By A Man Half His Age On Rue Sainte-Catherine Sunday Morning
The victim is currently in "critical condition."
"Around 10:15 a.m. a call was placed to 9-1-1 concerning a person who was injured by a knife, on rue Sainte-Catherine, near rue du Fort, in the Ville-Marie borough," SPVM spokesperson Véronique Comtois confirmed.
According to Montreal police, a conflict escalated between the suspect, a 33-year-old man and the victim, a 65-year-old man, which resulted in the victim being injured "in the upper body with a sharp object."
The victim was brought to the hospital and is said to currently be in "critical condition."
"Regarding the suspect, a 33-year-old man was arrested not far from the scene and transported to the detention centre. He will meet investigators in the next few hours," Comtois said.
- Legault & Plante Have Reacted To The Montreal Shooting That Left ... ›
- A Shooting In Montreal Monday Night Left 3 People Dead - MTL Blog ›
- A Recent Shooting In Montreal's Old Port Left 5 People Wounded ... ›
- A Stabbing In Côte-des-Neiges On Sunday Sent The Suspect, 2 Women & A Man To The Hospital - MTL Blog ›
- A Stabbing In Montreal On Sunday Night Sent A 16-Year-Old To The Hospital - MTL Blog ›