News

2 Men Were Shot In Front Of A Montreal Restaurant This Weekend

Two vehicles in front of the restaurant also received "projectile impacts" from the gunshots.

Montreal has seen multiple shootings in the past few weeks. A little after midnight on Sunday, August 8, Montreal police reportedly received several 911 calls about a shooting in front of a Montreal restaurant on rue Marché Central, near Boulevard Crémazie in Ahuntsic-Cartierville.

According to SPVM spokesperson Véronique Comtois, "When the police arrived on the scene, they located two victims, two men aged 28 and 29 years old who were wounded in the lower body by firearm projectiles. They were transported to the hospital, however, there is no danger for their lives."

Comtois also told MTL Blog that two vehicles in front of the restaurant received "projectile impacts" from the gunshots and police found "several shell casings" on the premise as well.

"There are many witnesses who have been met, and who are still to be met, [and] there are verifications that are made to see if there are surveillance cameras that would have captured images of the event," Comtois said.

No arrests have been made at the moment and an investigation remains ongoing.

Mayor Valérie Plante recently spoke out saying that "gun violence must stop" in Montreal. At a press conference last week, Mayor Plante and Deputy Premier Geneviève Guilbault announced a partnership between the provincial and municipal police forces to combat gun violence in Montreal and prevent firearms trafficking.