Canadians outside the province are less likely to support the passport.
A survey of 1,515 Canadians found that 63% of Quebecers "strongly support" implementing a COVID-19 vaccine passport — the highest percentage of any Canadian region included in the poll.
Only 12% of Quebecers polled "strongly oppose" the plan to mandate vaccine passports.
Breaking it down by age group, the highest proportion of those opposed to vaccine passports in Quebec are aged 18-34, with 31% opposed. The smallest proportion of Quebecers that oppose the plan are 55 and older, with only 10% opposed.
There is more overall opposition to vaccine passports outside of Quebec, with 16% of Canadians outside the province "strongly opposed" to the plan. Fifty-three percent of Canadians, meanwhile, are strongly in favour of vaccine passports.
Quebec's vaccine passport will only apply to non-essential activities and will be used for places like large events and festivals, restaurants, gyms, and bars.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on COVID-19 vaccines and can answer any questions you may have.
- Quebec Petition To Ban Vaccine Passports Was Launched By ... ›
- Quebec's Vaccine Passport Will Be Required For These Places ... ›
- I Tried Quebec's Vaccine Passport At An ÉconoFitness Pilot Project ... ›
- Some Canadians Won’t Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 & Here’s Their Reasons - MTL Blog ›
- Some Canadians Won’t Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 & Here’s Why - MTL Blog ›
- Here's Why Some Canadians Won't Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - MTL Blog ›
- The SAQ & SQDC Are Going To Require A Vaccine Passport - MTL Blog ›