The 3-year-old boy is now back with his mother.
During the evening of August 31, an amber alert in Quebec was issued alleging that a 3-year-old was abducted by 36-year-old David Côté in Sainte-Paule. On September 4, the amber alert was cancelled. The following day, Quebec police let the public know that the child has been located and brought back to his mother.
In a recent press release shared with MTL Blog, la Sûreté du Québec confirmed that "the 3 year old child was in the residence and was not injured. The young boy is in the care of his mother."
#OpérationEnCours | Vers midi, l'homme de 36 ans a été maîtrisé par les policiers. Nous pouvons confirmer que l'enf… https://t.co/2ZS3sekjda— Sûreté du Québec (@Sûreté du Québec) 1630860294.0
The child and his father were found barricaded in a residence at around 4 p.m. on September 4, which led police officers to set up a security perimeter around the premises and begin negotiations. According to la Sûreté du Québec's Sgt.Claude Doiron, "the negotiations lasted all night."
Côté was arrested on the scene on September 5 around noon.
At this time, la Sûreté du Québec cannot say who owned the residence in which Côté and his son were found.
More information about the case are expected to be made public in the coming days.
- A Quebec Amber Alert Was Issued For A Missing 3-Year-Old - MTL ... ›
- Quebec Amber Alert: Police Posted Updates In The Search For ... ›
- Quebec Police Have Officially Ended The Amber Alert For 3-Year ... ›
- A Quebec Amber Alert Was Just Issued For An Abducted 3-Year-Old And 1-Year-Old - MTL Blog ›
- Quebec's Amber Alert Has Been Cancelled & The Missing Children Are Safe - MTL Blog ›