A pickup truck hit a small vehicle from behind.
On Sunday morning, a woman of 42 years old and two teenagers died in a fatal car accident in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu.
While stopped at a red light on boulevard Saint-Luc, a pickup truck hit the back of their small car, Sergent Audrey-Anne Bilodeau for the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) told MTL Blog.
"When the first responders first arrived, there were three people inside the car. One was stuck inside so they needed the jaws of life," Bilodeau said, and CPR was performed on the victims. They were then all transported to the hospital, where they were declared dead.
The driver who hit the car from the back is a 65-year-old man. At the time of writing this article, he was still in the hospital for minor injuries and had not yet been interviewed by SQ investigators.
Bilodeau said that alcohol was not a factor in this incident, police are currently investigating speed and potential disease as the culprits for the accident.
This article's cover image was used for illustrative purposes only.
- The Sûreté du Québec Is Asking You To Be Responsible After 9 ... ›
- Major Multi-Car Accident Due To Dangerous Conditions On Quebec ... ›
- Major 150-Car Accident On Quebec Autoroute 40 Could Have Been ... ›
- A Plane Crashed In Montreal On Saturday And An Investigation Is Currently Underway - MTL Blog ›
- A Man Flipped His Car Off A West Island Overpass, Landed Upside Down & Was Basically Fine - MTL Blog ›
- La Grande Roue De Montréal Responded To The Death Of An Employee After A Work Accident - MTL Blog ›