Leylah Fernandez, A 19-Year-Old Montrealer, Is In The Semi-Finals For The US Open
Magic Johnson even posted a tweet praising her.
Tennis fans across the world have been tuning in to the U.S. Open since August 30. With only a few days left of this tennis tournament, we're proud to say that a 19-year-old Montrealer, Leylah Fernandez, has made it to the semi-finals.
If you haven’t seen the most exciting player at the US Open, 19-year old Leylah Fernandez, you’re truly missing out… https://t.co/l8CPiAG0rC— Earvin Magic Johnson (@Earvin Magic Johnson) 1631050378.0
She's so good that she's even caught the eye of the iconic Magic Johnson.
Back on August 13, Fernandez dedicated an Instagram post to Montreal, saying "Montreal... thank you for the love and support this week. I am so proud to play in front of my home. It wasn't the result I was hoping for, but I am always learning."
If you're hoping to catch Fernandez in action, you can watch her play on Thursday, September 9, against Aryna Sabalenka. The time of the match has yet to be determined.
- All 58 Quebecers On Team Canada At The Tokyo 2020 Olympics ... ›
- Eugénie Bouchard Has 'A Tough Road Of Rehab Ahead' After ... ›
- Genie Bouchard Shared Her Favourite MTL Restaurants - MTL Blog ›
- Montrealer Leylah Fernandez Has Made It To The U.S. Open Final & Her Reaction Is Priceless - MTL Blog ›
- Here's How To Watch Leylah Fernandez In The US Open Final If You're Tuning In From Quebec - MTL Blog ›