The Opération Systématisée Comportements À Risque (OSCAR) was a "huge success" according to Deputy Premier Geneviève Guilbault. The massive police operation that identified Quebec COVID-19 rule-breakers in bars and restaurants surpassed its objectives, visiting 2,206 establishments across the province.
Officers also issued almost 1,500 warnings in the last week, as well as about 90 tickets.
Editor's Choice: Dr. Arruda Has Confirmed 'We Are In The Second Wave'
Approximate number of tickets issued by police
The police operation focused on regions under "yellow alert." Many of the citations were related to mask-wearing, social distancing, overcapacity, and serving alcohol after opening hours, the deputy premier explained.
"Our operation has exceeded our goals," said Guilbault.
"I am concerned about the rise of the contagion in our regions however, I'm confident we can return back to the yellow zone."
"We can't let a recalcitrant minority ruin the hard work we've been doing these past six months," said Guilbault.
As of Monday, September 21, Quebec has recorded a cumulative total of 68,128 COVID-19 cases.